T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys
I'm like most newbies here lookin to get into heat pressing shirts. I have been lookin on ebay for an epson 1280, but I also came across an epson 1270. Is there any difference? I noticed that it could use same bulk system and ink like the 1280 so i was wondering if anyone has it or uses it. Maybe badalou can give some input. I plan to make designs on medium to 3x shirts. My designs will have images with alot of gradient coloring so that is why I am lookin at the heat press route.
Any help would be appreciated:D

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
The 1270 was replaced by the 1280.. Now the 1280 has been replace by the r1800. One of the major factors you want to consider is they are dye printers.. If you can get a bulk system with pigment ink then I would say you okay.. I don't know if you can. Dye ink will bleed and fade.. I don't know your location but I will tell you if you have a large ofice supply or Best Buy check with them to see if they have any 1280 in stock or can they get you one. Because they have been discontinued they have reduced prices on them The best buy hare in stockton sold their display model for 100 less than original price. Alos remember that the 1280 is a large format printer and has 6 inks. So your cost per page is about a buck. And of course if your doing large format transfers they cost more also. So be sure to figure that in your cost of each item. A lot of people do not consider cost of ink printing. Shame..And do not use the low cost ink from those online suppliers. Especially if your printing with pigment ink.. they are not pigment ink replacement.

·
Registered
282 Posts
If the Epson 1270 uses same ink as the Epson 900 (4-color) then personalizedsupplies.com has the prefilled carts of Magic Mix pigment ink. I have an Epson 900 and just ordered the prefilled carts (I seem to recall the 900 and Epson 1280 MAY use same ink carts).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys for your help. I am still in the air with the 1270. the 1800 is a little too pricey for me right now . hopefully i can score a descent 1280 on ebay. :D

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Be careful, as a former epson rep you all need to understand that printers have a life. Epson printheads are built on to the system where other printers the heads are on the cartridge. So what may work for a while may not work later.. I love the fact that I get a warranty with my new printer. If it stops working, it gets replaced or fixed. Also I worked out of a Best Buy here in town for Epson and their warrenty actually covers cleaning. Look into it before you buy someone elses problem.

·
Registered
155 Posts
try buydig.com i just got my 1280 from there,paid $248 after mail in rebate,plus free shipping.i oredered it sunday night,i got it tuesday morning

·
Registered
47 Posts
deenastee said:
try buydig.com i just got my 1280 from there,paid $248 after mail in rebate,plus free shipping.i oredered it sunday night,i got it tuesday morning
ANOTHER PLACE TO LOOK FOR THE 1280 IS AT CIRCUIT CITY ... THEY HAVE THE PRINTER ON SALE FOR $399.99, WITH THE $100 REBATE BRINGING IT DOWN TO $299.99, BUT THEY ALSO ARE OFFERING A $75.00 GIFT CARD BRINGING THE WHOLE KIT & KABOODLE DOWN TO BASICALLY $224.99 WITH $75 IN YOUR POCKET TO SPEND AT THEIR STORES ... THEY ALSO OFFER A 2 YEAR REPLACEMENT WARRANTY ON THE PRINTER FOR $49.99 I BELIEVE.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts