T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new here. I would like to ask some question about embroidery. Can you share with me please? Is it got any software that it can provide auto digitize stitch picture formats to emb or dst format?

· Registered
119 Posts
my experience with auto digitizing programs is that they get you reasonably close most of the time,BUT they are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. There is some tweaking to do no matter how much fiddling you do with the initial settings.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my experience with auto digitizing programs is that they get you reasonably close most of the time,BUT they are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. There is some tweaking to do no matter how much fiddling you do with the initial settings.
Thanks for your sharing. So which auto digitizing program you are using now?

· Registered
605 Posts
Hi, I am new here. I would like to ask some question about embroidery. Can you share with me please? Is it got any software that it can provide auto digitize stitch picture formats to emb or dst format?
When you say picture format, what do you mean?

EMB is Wilcom's native format, saves stitch info with file.
DST is a machine format and no stitch info saved with file.

Wilcom software will allow you to save you didgitized file in many formats from within the software, DST is one.

As far as auto-digitize from a JPEG/BMP image to an embroidery file,
I am yet to see one that is usable in a commercial sense.

There will be some on here that will point you to Embird, checkout the website, but it doesn't give you a true photo result.

If on the other hand. you want to auto digitize from a vector file (EPS, WMF, EMF etc).
Then there are a number of commercial embroidery software packages that will do a half decent job of that. Wilcom, Pulse, Tajima, Sierra etc.

I very rarely use the auto digitizing function, but when I do it is only on vector art that has solid fills and clean outlines...even then I still have to adjust the result.

In a 99% of cases, it is quicker to just digitize from scratch.

If software existed that could auto digitize successfully, then everyone would be using it and there would be no need for the many digitizing services out there.

· Registered
2,443 Posts
Thanks for your all information... And it helps me a lot...

Can i know where can download free embroidery files please? Thank you.
If you do a search, you will find a ton of free designs. Most aren't worth the time it takes to download them.
Most of the major stock design companies provide free designs. These are worth the time to download and stitch.
Embroidery Library is my favorite site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.