T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a dumb questions but what is the cutting pad on the vinyl cutter?
I just got the Expert 24 and it came with a cutting pad with 3M adhesive on the back...what does that actually do and where does it go?
There were no instructions with the cutter, just the cables/wires, cd-rom, etc...........
what does it do?

· Registered
2,125 Posts
Right... It's also another reason why it's important not to have your downforce pressure set too high. It can cut through the vinyl carrier sheet and cut into your cutting strip. I think I ruined my first one with the very first cut. Best to do test cuts with the lowest downforce you think you'll need and work your way up rather than work your way down.

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jay-

The cutting pad is also known as a cut strip. Along the length of cutter you will see a white thick plastic strip that runs underneath the carriage. When you start getting grooves and deep cut marks, you will need to replace this strip and it's vital to cutting accurately.
okay, so the white strip directly under the actual blade (looks like a print head on a printer) there is a white stripe like you said.
do I leave it alone now since the cutter is brand new or place the piece that came with the cutter on there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.