T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a lot on getting the basic pricing for stitch count, but can't find anything on how to build the price guide and calculating the discount for quantity increase.

I tried looking at different company price lists to see if I could find a rough pattern. There didn't seem to be one.

We recently started an embroidery business and a customer has asked for an estimate for a quantity of 300!!!

This is for luggage tags we make with nylon strap. My normal price is $8 each. Was was dropping the order down 35%.

Please advise.

Thank you, all!!!

· Registered
695 Posts
Discounts depend on what machines you're running. If you're small and only have one or two heads, I don't recommend much if any discount. Remember, if you discount too much, your making less money than you would if you had ten 30 piece orders running at your regular price. If your business is slow, sometimes it makes sense to take on a large order with discounts, but you're committed to getting them done and then you can't get new orders taken care of until finished.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the replies.

We are a new home business with one machine. This would be our first order with a quantity more than 10.

I understand it is specific to each company. I didn't know if there was an average starting point like the €1/1000 stitches starting point I see everywhere.

We are working on a matrix for quantity discounts. For this order I went with 35% off. We are still slow and this still leaves me with a good bit of a margin for this product.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.