T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it comes to quality, what is the difference in screen printing and doing heat transfers. I was thinking of getting the hot tronix fusion. When you buy shirts from walmart and the like what process is used on those shirts?:cool:

· Registered
3,906 Posts
Depends on the shirt. But at Walmart the shirts are mass produced so I would say screen printing with automatic presses. Some might be DTG, embroidery, some might even be sublimation, but they're all mass produced.

· Registered
6,970 Posts
When it comes to quality, what is the difference in screen printing and doing heat transfers. I was thinking of getting the hot tronix fusion. When you buy shirts from walmart and the like what process is used on those shirts?:cool:
It depends.......

Most are likely screen printed, however, I do know of a regional supplier that does tourist type designs and they are plastisol transfers....

· Registered
1,743 Posts
i think it's going to depend on what kind of quality your market and design dictates as to which method is going to suit your needs best. in terms of just quality, however, i would choose screen printing all things being the same.

· Registered
6,970 Posts
Plastisol transfers have their place.....In my business sales of shirts decorated with plastisol transfers out number screen printed shirts about 4 to 1......

Order some samples from some of the better know transfer makers.....Silver Mountain, Insta Graphics, Dowling, etc., etc....You will see that most are very well done.....If you are doing a line, know one but you needs to know how they are done.....Most of your clients will not care and/or can not tell the difference.....

· Registered
4,483 Posts
when people say heat transfers, it's assumed they mean ink jet, eh? otherwise they specify, and rarely, if ever, say 'vinyl heat transfers.'
I don't assume that, especially in the general forum, but then I've been around since before ink jet printers. When I was a kid, a transfer was a lithograph, in my twenties I printed plastisol transfers, t-shirt vinyl has been around awhile but never heard of ink jet transfers until my late thirties.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.