T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have just had my first design screen printed onto t-shirts, I started with one design only to see how good the quality of print would be. I'm not quite sure what I should expect - my t-shirts are black with white and red printed onto them. I have noticed you can see flecks of the black t-shirts through the white and red though they look fairly good overall - is this to be expected from the process?

Thanks

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I don't think the printer has put down a base coat as you can see the black fibres through the red ink. Also its very odd as the white seems to be matt and the red gloss, which surely can't be standard practice?

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The whole thing is really difficult to judge - I showed my t-shirts to some people who thought they were unacceptabe and to others who thought they were fine, but for me they were not near the standard of the t-shirt samples I saw before having mine printed. It sound like everyone is having similar problems. A set of guidelines for screen printing would be great for novices like me with images of what can be expected from what technique etc, with ideas on what to ask your screen printer and what you should expect them to ask you, anyone have any thoughts on this? In a similar idea I created a design briefing sheet for one of my clients, which easily enabled them to see what information is required to brief me on a project (if this would be of use to anyone, to adapt for t-shirt design briefings I am happy to post it here as a PDF?)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.