T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have been looking all over CP because I am interested in uploading some of my designs. Now I have quite a few marvel designs that I figured I couldnt upload since I don't have rights. Now after looking over CP i see many people are, shall we say pushing the limits. I saw many twilight shirts about team jacob or edward and even shirts such as, a gun with "you'll shoot your eye out." Now i know the shirts are for twilight and christmas story, are these not copyrighted? or could they argue that team edward is something else? That the phrase it's self is not copyrighted and no pics of ralphie are on the shirt? I am just worried about not know what is or isn't crossing the copyright laws.

Thanks for any info

·
Administrator
14,480 Posts
In the end, all you can really do is worry about Chica, not what anyone else is doing. Sooner or later, infringing upon Marvel and anyone else you are stealing from will get you sued. It's not a matter of if, just when.

Any printer, not just CP, who prints images without written releases from the rights holders is in jeopardy of getting in hot water. I suppose with the larger printers it just becomes a matter of not be able to keep up with the volume of images they receive. But hopefully on the obvious ones, like Marvel, they catch them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts