T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted to purchase wholesale from Alternative Apparel?

We're looking into starting a buisness and toying with the notion of purchasing blanks at wholesale, then printing and selling independently through our web site.

Any idea what something like this costs starting out and what the initial overhead is? How do you get the proper certification to begin making purchases? In terms of overhead, what would I likely need to sell each garmet for to begin realizing a profit after accounting for production costs, including wholesale purchasing, printing, shipping, et cetera...?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Corey

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Re: Purchasing from wholesalers as a newbie

You would need a resellers permit (And or tax id) to purchase wholesale from many sources (including Alternative Apparel)

Any idea what something like this costs starting out and what the initial overhead is?
Depends on a LOT of factors (how many shirts, type of printing you plan on doing, number of designs, etc)

How do you get the proper certification to begin making purchases?
To purchase wholesale, you will most likely need a resellers permit (obtained from your State Board of Equalization) and maybe a taxID.

In terms of overhead, what would I likely need to sell each garmet for to begin realizing a profit after accounting for production costs, including wholesale purchasing, printing, shipping, et cetera...?
Depends on a lot of factors :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: Purchasing from wholesalers as a newbie

Is it true one can input your SS# as a TaxID if you dont have one?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Everything that you are saying is very subjective( meaning to each's own ) what it may cost me to produce a tee may more or less for the next man. I would say this you have to do your own research as far as prices and whether you want to do silk screen;hand paint ;embroidery ect. ect. Hope this helps

·
Registered
17 Posts
Many sites do allow you to put in your SSN instead of a Tax ID, but if you want to start a business, thenit'd be best to start a business by doing all of the paperwork. Go get your tax id and resellers permit and business license. Go get a business bank account (free from many places). It'll cost you probably less than $100, and its worth it if you really want to start a business.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts