T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister is a vet. This guy comes in with a Dachshund that he has had for 5 years. She is pregnant and having seizures. After he is given the estimate for the vet bill (which wasn't even that much) he says he doesn't want the dog OR the puppies. Nice, huh? :mad:

Later that day she had three puppies and the next day my sister delivered this one through C-Section:

She is the only puppy that survived. My sister said her eyes should be opening in the next day or two.

[The $20 bill is there just for size reference.]

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh my - she is just precious - Oh I was to cuddle with her...... Thanks for sharing.
Ha. She would love to cuddle with you. :)

I just heard her squeaking so I went to check on her and this is what I found:

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Oh my gosh Rhonda, that is the cutest little thing I have ever seen (well besides these tiny little baby bunnies I once raised :) ) Are you going to keep the puppy, or is your sister? How adorable. Have fun with that baby, I would just snuggle it 24 7.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh my gosh Rhonda, that is the cutest little thing I have ever seen (well besides these tiny little baby bunnies I once raised :) ) Are you going to keep the puppy, or is your sister? How adorable. Have fun with that baby, I would just snuggle it 24 7.
I know! Look at those tiny nails. I can't stand it! :D

A friend of mine is keeping the puppy ... my sister has the mother. They can't be kept together because she tried to kill the puppies. :( My sister said it was because she knew they were sick.

My Basset mix (Auburn) is absolutely in love with this puppy. She will not leave her side and when my Jack Russell gets too close to the puppy she growls and lunges at her (and she NEVER does that).

·
Registered
417 Posts
What a precious Chocolate and Tan Dachshund. I've owned 2 i think that color has the best temperment. That color is my favorite.

Can i steal her?

Tell your friend i'll trade her for my 9 month old Cream Color Doxie Male (lol) (before people start going crazy over this statement realize it's a joke and i don't take owning my puppy lightly so no hate emails please added:08/22/08 3:54am)

Seriously she is too precious it's a good thing you guys are taking care of them. Those photos are a keeper too.

But... i think you may have a problem on your hand. It looks like your basset has adopted her so i'm not sure you'll be able to give her up. :)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can i steal her?
You'd have to get past my friend and my basset, so probably not. LOL :):D

But... i think you may have a problem on your hand. It looks like your basset has adopted her so i'm not sure you'll be able to give her up. :)
I know. This is the second time this week I have taken care of her and the first time she left Auburn was really depressed ... almost like she had post-partum depression or something! I find that so odd because Auburn has never had a litter ... she's been fixed since she was a puppy. I guess it's the motherly instinct.

·
Registered
417 Posts
You'd have to get past my friend and my basset, so probably not. LOL :):D/quote]

Darn... well it didn't hurt to try... lol

I know. This is the second time this week I have taken care of her and the first time she left Auburn was really depressed ... almost like she had post-partum depression or something! I find that so odd because Auburn has never had a litter ... she's been fixed since she was a puppy. I guess it's the motherly instinct.
Looks like you may have to get a puppy for your basset hound now. It is probably motherly instincts.:)

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Rhonda I have to tell you about my cat Lucy, she never had babies but I raised three litters of wild kitties. Well the last litter I rescued, Lucy adopted them like they were her own. The problem was when I adopted them all out, Lucy went into a depression like you would not believe. She quit eating and would just sleep all the time, it was life wasnt worth living for her after the babies left :( Soooo I decided to get Lucy her own baby cause I couldnt stand to see her so sad, and Lucy never looked back since :) Its funny cause her baby ended up being this breed called a ragdoll, and she wieghs over 20 bls. The baby is twice as big as Lucy, but you would never know it the way Lucy reprimands her and makes her baby clean her all the time :) The moral of my story is you might have to let your dog keep the baby hahaha.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rhonda I have to tell you about my cat Lucy, she never had babies but I raised three litters of wild kitties. Well the last litter I rescued, Lucy adopted them like they were her own. The problem was when I adopted them all out, Lucy went into a depression like you would not believe. She quit eating and would just sleep all the time, it was life wasnt worth living for her after the babies left :( Soooo I decided to get Lucy her own baby cause I couldnt stand to see her so sad, and Lucy never looked back since :) Its funny cause her baby ended up being this breed called a ragdoll, and she wieghs over 20 bls. The baby is twice as big as Lucy, but you would never know it the way Lucy reprimands her and makes her baby clean her all the time :) The moral of my story is you might have to let your dog keep the baby hahaha.
Oh noooooooo!!!! Don't tell me that! :eek: I don't even know what to do with the two I have! :) Auburn is kind of slow ... maybe I can just get her a stuffed animal ...

·
Registered
746 Posts
OMG rhonda she's precious!!! i'm a major doxie person (we have 4....) and i'd love to have just 5 minutes alone in a room with the guy who dumped the mother off like that....are all of the babies spoken for??? how sweet that your basset is mothering her - bobbielee's right, you might just have to let her keep her 'baby' ;)

thanks for sharing those pics - she's gorgeous!!!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
That definitely is a cute little puppy. Too sad about the other ones. So did you say that you are going to have it stuffed for Aubry? JUST KIDDING!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OMG rhonda she's precious!!! i'm a major doxie person (we have 4....) and i'd love to have just 5 minutes alone in a room with the guy who dumped the mother off like that....are all of the babies spoken for??? how sweet that your basset is mothering her - bobbielee's right, you might just have to let her keep her 'baby' ;)

thanks for sharing those pics - she's gorgeous!!!
I was there when the guy came in. He was so concerned about his dog having seizures, that he stopped by Starbuck's first. A real piece of work ....

ImageIt said:
please allow me to pass onto you a crazy tip. Litter box train the puppy!
Fred, I think that is a good idea and I will definitely pass that on!

prometheus said:
So did you say that you are going to have it stuffed for Aubry? JUST KIDDING!
Robert, you ain't right ... but I already knew that. :D

·
Registered
746 Posts
Tell your friend i'll trade her for my 9 month old Cream Color Doxie Male (lol)
our 'baby' is a 2 yr old female cream color....i'll take your little male, sight unseen! :p

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
she is adorable,, love her up good,,,
you are the mama now
Sandy Jo, that looks just like her mother!!!

Uncle John said:
Rhonda, What kind of person could give up a Weiner Dog...lol Cute. :)
John
The kind that shouldn't be allowed to own a dog in the first place!!! :mad: He was only using her to produce puppies that he could sell. I just can't imagine having a pet for FIVE years and then giving them up so easily like that.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tell your friend i'll trade her for my 9 month old Cream Color Doxie Male (lol) (before people start going crazy over this statement realize it's a joke and i don't take owning my puppy lightly so no hate emails please added:08/22/08 3:54am)
LOL I just saw your edit. I think we all know you were kidding about that! :D

·
Registered
746 Posts
[/SIZE]Originally Posted by Uncle John
Rhonda, What kind of person could give up a Weiner Dog...lol Cute. :)
John
The kind that shouldn't be allowed to own a dog in the first place!!! :mad: He was only using her to produce puppies that he could sell. I just can't imagine having a pet for FIVE years and then giving them up so easily like that.
amen!! the sad part is that this guy didn't have a 'pet'.....he had a 'product' and treated her (and who knows how many more!) like a commodity. puppy mills are a heartbreaking disgrace and i've narc'd on and help shut down several. that mother and baby are lucky to have gotten out and found you and your sister rhonda! you guys did a really good thing!! :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts