T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I have a GCC Puma III plotter that works fine (?) but the blade is not making contact with the vinyl when I send a job to cut. I had not used the plotter in nearly a year when I tried to cut a design in April. I've reached out to GCC on several occasions but not gotten a reply since early May. The only info I've been able to garner from my internet research is maybe the Puma III is discontinued and service/parts/support is no longer available?

Uh oh... Thoughts, help, advice?

I bought the machine new in 2012, used it for about 6 years in hobby t-shirt design mode, then pretty minimally for the next couple of years - maybe 3-4 small projects a year.

I really liked it and want to continue designing but not sure I can afford a whole new machine.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Lisa

· Registered
404 Posts
Adjust your blade level. You can turn the blade holder to make the blade stick out more. If that doesn't work then your blade holder may not be seated in the motor properly. Your cutting strip may be damaged or missing. You could be using the incorrect blade holder or blade for your machine. Also try different pressure settings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.