T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!
I hope you’re all well and succeeding in your creative endeavours!
I’m new here so please bear with me.

I have come into the possession of a PUMA III plotter and it seems to be in excellent condition other than I’m getting an error saying ‘rollers are up’.
Can anybody help me?

Also unsure where I’d order parts in Sunny ol’ England?

all the best!
George

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There isn’t any GCC customer service in the UK so I have decided to see if I can make a replacement part. This carrier board has a ee-spy401 sensor on it which (may!?) be the problem. Will keep updating here of my progress in finding the fault. But if anyone knows what else this ‘Rollers are up sensor’ error May be please help!

Best

Geor

·
Registered
399 Posts
check the rollers, i believe there are magnets inside that are read when you boot up. I don't know the correct term but when you first turn on your GCC it goes back and forth reading where the pinch rollers are, the object beneath ( or in the pinch roller ) could be the problem. I would try new pinch rollers as well. For this reason, I prefer the expert line because I feel it does the same job for less price of the puma. I have an expert 24 that had a bad board and all the lights were on. It was solved by a replacement board I acquired from a broken machine but the board was good. GCC customer service is horrible I purchase with the intent of never contacting customer service.
Before you do anything, take it all apart and unplug, re plug everything and try again. Best of luck to you from across the pond :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everybody!
I hope you’re all well and succeeding in your creative endeavours!
I’m new here so please bear with me.

I have come into the possession of a PUMA III plotter and it seems to be in excellent condition other than I’m getting an error saying ‘rollers are up’.
Can anybody help me?

Also unsure where I’d order parts in Sunny ol’ England?

all the best!
George
Hello, i bought this plotter from you from London. The plotter is currently in Bulgaria - it has already been repaired and works perfectly. Thanks for the wonderful machine! Greetings!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.