T-Shirt Forums banner

Puma II for Dummies

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  plan b 
#1 ·
So, I just got a Puma II. I have never used a vinyl cutter before, but I do have a good background with computers and machines. (Shop and Technology teacher by trade). I'm just trying to learn my way around this machine. I'm fighting a few problems, like that the software htat came with it crashes my computer. I'm sure it as to do with windows 7 not liking the Windows ME edition software.

Anyway, I'm fighting on two fronts. Trying to get a cutting software working, as well as just getting to learn how my cutter works. Stahls had a nice video series, but it was covering the Puma III. I just found a video covering the Expert 24 and from the looks of it, the controls are much more like my PUMA II than the Puma III was.

Can anyone help verify that for me? Would learning about the Expert probably give me better direction? I just need a solid how to video that covers the basic buttons and features. The factory manual is pretty slim and for someone with so little experience, it doesn't really explain what things are. (Though I found it helpful along with the video once I started picking up terms).

Goal for today- cut an image before the day is done!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.