T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody ,,,
is is very nice to be a member with you in this forum ... well i am new in T-Shirt printing ... i just bought Heat Press Machine ... and i have a question ... i hope that you can help me with it ...
How can i make or print a puff ink ( Design with Puff ink ) on transfer paper ?????
Can anyone help me with this please ???
Thank you and Have a nice days
Mena George

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
hi mena, is that filomena ?

you know that with puff ink application is extremely quick and extra firm downward force.

what transfer paper are you using ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Lucy ,,,
Well ... you can also called me George ... if you want !!!!
Well ... i am using a regular hot peel double green transfer paper ...
but i like to know which solution i have to use print a puff design on the transfer paper ... i know that i need a puff ink ... but which kind of printer i have to use and which ind of paper i have to use ... and all of that stuff ???
i am really confused ???!!!!
Thank you
Mena George

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
To the best of my knowledge there's no way to print puff with a digital transfer; it needs to be screenprinted. You can, however, order plastisol transfers with puff ink and press them with your heat press.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
as far as i know Solmu is correct.

for a puff raised texture look and feel, you can also use deco material type transfers, much more durable than puff ink.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello ,,,
Thank you Solmu and Lucy ... but actually Lucy .... what do you mean by deco material type transfers ????
Can you give me more informations or URLs about this please ???
Thank you
Mena George

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I saw some puff printed heat transfers at the Printwear tradeshow.

I didn't think it was possible, but it looked OK.

Not sure who made the transfers though.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
menageorge said:
Hello ,,,
Thank you Solmu and Lucy ... but actually Lucy .... what do you mean by deco material type transfers ????
Can you give me more informations or URLs about this please ???
Thank you
Mena George
here is the URL: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?p=31305#post31305 , JUST KIDDING. :)

puff mix inks raise up lika a pizza when you apply heat and downward force with a heat press. They feel rubbery raised texture like and are often used with multi color designs, cause they print on all fabric colors.

most manufactures of transfers today will use a Puff mix ink along with a layer of adhesive to make them more durable. This was always the problem in the past with Puffs, you could peel the puff ink off the shirt with your fingers very easy. They required extra care in the wash etc...

deco transfers are made of various materials, the popular fuzzy flock for example, gives you a raised velvet fuzzy type feel and look. A thick vinyl will give you a plastic wet feel and look......., any material that can work with heat can be used as a deco transfer, you simply bond adhesive to the back side of the material you choose (your local fabric store will have some good fabrics/materials) then plotter cut, die-cut or even hand cut it (your design) into a transfer. Often used with 1 color designs but can also be used with 2-3-4-5-6 color designs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So ... if i wanna make some puff ink transfer design by myself to use it with my heat press ... which kind of Printer i have to use ... right now i have Epson Inkjet 1800 ... can i use the puff ink with this printer and from which company i have to buy my equipment ... i am really confused about this ...
Thank you
Mena George

1 - 10 of 10 Posts