T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Can anyone recommend company for public liabillity insurance for when I am selling / applying htv to t-shirts at events?

Would you expect to pay a yearly premium or is it possible to purchase this sort of insurance on an "as-required" basis when you actually attend an event?

Kim
Perth, Western Australia

·
Administrator
14,023 Posts
This insurance can be purchased either per event, per season, or annually.

Do you have a shop? If so, I would check there first. Most shop policies can be extended to cover trade shows, or events where you sell. It's a lot less expensive to do it through your shop than to buy a standalone policy.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a shop? If so, I would check there first. Most shop policies can be extended to cover trade shows, or events where you sell. It's a lot less expensive to do it through your shop than to buy a standalone policy.
No, I work from home. I am looking for a company here in Australia who will let me purchase by the event. I wondered if anyone here could recommend a company.

Kim

·
Registered
20 Posts
AAMI does cover for public liability up to 10 million for market and stall holders . im pay $110 for 3 months coverage for my at home business which is not a store front. get in contact with them to see what they can do. any more questions. feel free to fire away.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info Pete. Reading your post just made me realise that I hadn't even rung the insurance company that does our home and contents insurance. I will give them a try as well.

Kim

·
Registered
582 Posts
Don't limit yourself to just public liability.

There are a few types of liability insurance you need to consider:
Public Liability
Public liability insurance protects you and your business against the financial risk of being found liable to a third party for death or injury,
loss or damage of property or ‘pure economic’ loss resulting from your negligence.

Professional Indemnity

Professional indemnity insurance protects you from legal action taken for losses incurred as a result of your professional advice.
It provides indemnity cover if your client suffers a loss - either material, financial or physical - directly attributed to negligent acts.

Product Liability

If you sell, supply or deliver goods, even in the form of repair or service, you may need cover against claims of goods causing injury, death or damage.
Product liability insurance covers you if any of these events happen to another business or person by the failure of your product or the product you are selling.

More info here --> Types of insurance

I have both Public Liability and Product Liability.

Reactions: Kim_t2_au
1 - 6 of 6 Posts