T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get promotional products that can be imprinted on? I've seen some but most of them are for sublimation. I need it for inkjet transfers.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I think most promotional products are done with pad printing. Pad printing is a form of screen printing. This process does not involve ink jet or sublimation. I know there are some items available for sublimation that can be used for promotional items, but the cost would be much higher using sublimation ink. I hope this helps to get you the answer. .... JB

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found some coasters at imprintables and I've seen mousepads done! Is there a place that carries items like clocks, key chains, puzzles,etc but for inkjet printers?

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I have seen those too. I was thinking of cups,frisbies,and other plastic items. I'm not sure with a ink jet set up can compete in this arena. ... JB

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think theres some potential here because everyone likes to have there stuff customized/personalized. I saw the mouse pads a few years ago when my son's school offered them with yearbook pictures(I bought 1). Do you know of any other places besides imprintables?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I found some coasters at imprintables and I've seen mousepads done! Is there a place that carries items like clocks, key chains, puzzles,etc but for inkjet printers?
If you are trying to print things with an injet either direct or through transfer, you will have to stay with flat items.

Curved, plastic items need special pad or offset type printing. Take my advise, leave this to the big factories. Set yourself up an account at Bic Graphics or Norwood and let them do the work.

Check out Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) or Promotional Products Association International (PPAI)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Try Best Blanks (link on the left under preferred vendors). They have a few items (puzzles, can wraps, etc.) for inkjet transfers. I think they offer a discount to TSF members as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know where to get promotional products that can be imprinted on? I've seen some but most of them are for sublimation. I need it for inkjet transfers.
Hi,

What kind of promotional products are you looking?

Well, I came across one site named Leighmans.com where you will find various range of products like promotional pens, promotional clothing, etc... that can be printed on.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I think most promotional products are done with pad printing. Pad printing is a form of screen printing. This process does not involve ink jet or sublimation. I know there are some items available for sublimation that can be used for promotional items, but the cost would be much higher using sublimation ink. I hope this helps to get you the answer. .... JB
I know this post is old but just to clarify. Pad printing is not a form of screen printing. No screens are involved. Pads of silicone (Hence "Pad printing") are used to transfer the ink from a metal plate to the product being printed. The pads vary in shape depending on the product being printed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts