T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anyone out there that could send me in the right direction? im trying to locate a few promotional products company with a wide variety of imprintable merchandise that sells wholesale. any any help and information would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i checked them, looks like they are more retail. i was looking for a company that sells wholesale. i have a small embroidery business and i have several customers asking me for promotional products. all i can find is retail

·
Registered
721 Posts
In order to do business with distributors of promotional products, you have to be a member of one of the Promotional Products associations, such as PPAI. They're quite expensive.

However....many distributors will do business with you if you have a UPIC #. You can get a UPIC # by going to www.ppa.org. You can then go to www.distributorcentral.com and sign up to get access to promotional products distributors.

When I did this, PPA didn't want to give me a UPIC until I had an account with Distributor Central....but Distributor Central requires a UPIC to open an account. I just sent an e-mail to both telling them that I was trying to establish, and Distributor Central went ahead and opened my account so that I could get the UPIC #.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i will look at it as well. guess there is no where that sales promo products at wholesale pricing to small businesses. thanks for your help. if any one else has any suggestions, please let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
i will look at it as well. guess there is no where that sales promo products at wholesale pricing to small businesses. thanks for your help. if any one else has any suggestions, please let me know. thanks.
This is where a membership to some of the big promotional product networks such as ASI, SAGE, or PPAI helps a lot.

Through them you'll have access to thousands of suppliers that sell to you wholesale and then you can turn around and sell to your customers at the retail price that you would be buying without an account with one of these networks.

I agree with Michele though. Try to get a free Distributor Central account first and see how you like it. They have a lot of sources you can buy from and if you feel somewhat limited you can always move up to the paid services.

·
Registered
721 Posts
In order to do business with distributors of promotional products, you have to be a member of one of the Promotional Products associations, such as PPAI. They're quite expensive.

However....many distributors will do business with you if you have a UPIC #. You can get a UPIC # by going to www.ppa.org. You can then go to www.distributorcentral.com and sign up to get access to promotional products distributors.

When I did this, PPA didn't want to give me a UPIC until I had an account with Distributor Central....but Distributor Central requires a UPIC to open an account. I just sent an e-mail to both telling them that I was trying to establish, and Distributor Central went ahead and opened my account so that I could get the UPIC #.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. There is no cost to get a UPIC#....you do not need to join PPA, or any other org.

Distributor Central is a clearing house of sorts that gives you access to hundreds of distributors. You can search by product, and sort by minimum quantities, etc.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Just because you have access does not mean they will sell to you. MANY will require a PPAI or ASI number at a minimum. Many, but not all. This isn't like the t-shirt business where all you need is a resale certificate or tax id.

No, it's true that not all will sell to you, but it's an excellent resource for someone who is trying to test the viability of offering promotional products without making a huge investment.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanks I am still trying to learn all that goes with trying to run a business and when you are paying as you go it is a little tough, but God has been good to me in this business. Thanks for all your help I will check things out.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Just because you have access does not mean they will sell to you. MANY will require a PPAI or ASI number at a minimum. Many, but not all. This isn't like the t-shirt business where all you need is a resale certificate or tax id.
I would also like to add that many suppliers when you request to become a new customer of theirs want references in the form of other suppliers you have purchased from in the past.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts