T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Google's the biggest then yahoo then msn. Those are your top sites. If you have links from already found sites to your site. Theres no need for submitting the search engines will find you but submitting doesn't hurt. Try to get a lot of links form other sites to you. You will be found soon. This forum even is good. I searched yahoo for my site www.shirtshackdesign.com and this forum even came up including my actual site. It followed the link like I just showed you to my site. Pretty Cool. Search google for seo tips, or search engine optimization for tips on ranking.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello,

Yahoo holds the largest market share (because more searches are done there, because you don't always get what you want firsdt time so you search again) But Google is the most popular because they get you what you want first time. Listing with search engines is very important but you need to make sure your web site is "search engine freindly". This is done by making sure your key words are relevant to your site, Google looks for a minimum of 200 links to your site (not 200 links on your site) as a way to increase your listing. Google figures if 200 sites link to yours then your site must be good and they rank you higher. Your key word must be in your title and you must use your key words at least 6 times in the texct on your index page. I could go on.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
200 is a pretty arbitrary number there, and a very high one at that. Any links will help, especially if thise links have your keywords in them. Definately avoid simply making a bunch of pages just to link to your page; Google is pretty smart about that and you could get blacklisted.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I wouldn't reccomend submitting your site to any search engines. If enough people link to your site, the search engines will find you anyway. Just get lots and lots of link exchanges. The more the better. Getting on search engines isn't hard. What is hard is being ranked high on search engines. The more links to your website that exist, the higher your ranking will be. The only website you should submit to is www.dmoz.com . This is a directory that is syndacated hundreds of places throughout the internet. Google even uses this directory. When you get onto dmoz (this can take years) you have hundreds of links to your site across the internet, which will boost search engine rankings, plus you will be on google directory which should get you a good amount of hits alone every day. I could go on forever with suggestions, but you should really read up about this in a book.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts