T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who here promotes their site using myspace.com ?
A friend of mine suggested it, and it seems like it may be a good way to get some traffic to your sites.

Any opinions on this? Or am I so out of the loop that using myspace is just a given ?

This darn interweb business.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I think it works best if you have a combination of many advertising methods. Generally, there's no one method that will bring the most traffic for everyone. So like monkeylantern said, any low cost or free method is always a great addition.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Oddly enough, I just had my first sale referred fromy myspace.com last week. Someone had my website linked in their myspace profile and one of their friends bought a t-shirt.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally we thought MySpace wouldn't work... however we have a significant amount of store owners that link to their store on Printfection from their MySpace profiles and it's working! We get lots of sales from MySpace profile links.

We even setup our own MySpace page to promote Printfection in general (although we need to work on getting some more friends!). It's a very interesting way to promote, and very web 2.0!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah I can't argue with free promotion. But like everything else, you have to work it. People don't throw money at you. And soon enough, there will be something new and MS will be yesterdays new. BUT, it is free and there are a LOT of ppl on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i am not a fan of myspace, and youd only be one page in a sea of almost 70 million, but as ive said to bands i know, its a must. its free, popular, and a simple way to reach out to a lot of new people.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've signed up for myspace now and think its grand.. except for the millions of requests to join a "Make Money From Filling In Surveys" or "Live Cam Teens" group..

·
Registered
5 Posts
When it comes to MySpace, do they even have a shopping area? What kind of online demographics do they have compared to e-bay?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been using Myspace to promote my shirts. I got this program called MySpace Suite which automatically adds and sends a message to up to 3,000 people at a time in your criteria. Within a week of being on Myspace, I've got over 600 friends and over 3,000 views. I've also convinced a lot of people to put me in their Top 8, which is even better exposure.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I don't think I fully understand myspace marketing.

Within a week of being on Myspace, I've got over 600 friends and over 3,000 views.
How does that translate into more sales?

What benefit is it to get more "friends" on myspace?

·
Registered
6 Posts
The more friends you have on Myspace, the better the chances of someone coming across your page via someone else's profile. The more friends I have, the more lists I'm found on, and that means more visits. I've also been sure to add people who fit the image of the target of my shirts. And also, by being someone's friend, you can post comments on their page - another way I promote my new products - you can't do that if you aren't listed as someones friend. This also applies for posting Bulletins.

More friends = more reach which should theoretically = more sales.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts