T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new and starting out. I was wondering when you are pricing your shirts to sell is there a profit percent that you are looking to make? Like double? i am going to be selling on ebay as well.
Thanks Tim

· Registered
2 Posts
I am curious about this as well. I am going to be producing shirts for other businesses and was wondering how you guys are charging for that. I may also make some shirts that make a statement or Art Shirts...I would assume the pricing structures are completely different.

· Registered
210 Posts
yes your goal is at least 3x your cost but if it cost you $10 to print a shirt it will be hard to sell them for $30, not impossible but hard. now this is for your own brand, if you are doing these for clients and they want 50 shirts and it still cost you $10 to make to even make it worth your while you would need to charge at least $15 per shirt Times 50 shirts that's $750, there is no way a client will pay that for 50 shirts. If they do please send them my way.

· Registered
58 Posts
A more reachable goal when you first start is 2X your cost. My shirts run me $7.02 on average, I sell for $20, so I get nearly 2.5X my cost, but if I wanna make a deal say 2 for $30 I still double my money, if friends or family want a lot I can still afford $10 a shirt and still make profit while giving them a deal. When you get bigger and your working capital goes up then you can order in bigger bulls like 96 shirts per design and your cost will go down allowing you to get 3X and sometimes 4X profit. But for now shoot for double atleast. If you can get that then something needs to be changed.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
17 Posts
everyone is saying your making selling for $15 or $20 a shirt

what about those school graduation shirts that has a list of all the names of the students on the back

they are usually 1 or 2 colors tops! and they order about 150 min. so i can see that hard trying to sell them each shirt for $20 a pop

im new so i was wondering what would you charge for the job i described

· Registered
255 Posts
everyone is saying your making selling for $15 or $20 a shirt

what about those school graduation shirts that has a list of all the names of the students on the back

they are usually 1 or 2 colors tops! and they order about 150 min. so i can see that hard trying to sell them each shirt for $20 a pop

im new so i was wondering what would you charge for the job i described
People saying they make $15-20 per a shirt are clothing lines, not screen printers. The margin for screen printers is going to be a lot lower in general.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.