1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LucyRoberts said:
hi there, cool designs.

are they available in Canada ?
No, sorry, the shipping for North America would be to expensive. It's almost 20 USD for an uninsured shipping.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Prof._Trash said:
No, sorry, the shipping for North America would be to expensive. It's almost 20 USD for an uninsured shipping.
Too expensive for who? You aren't going to pay for it, your customers are. Hey, if they love the shirt, they will be ready to pay for the shipping. If you don't at least have the option available, essentially you're just saying "We don't want your business" to an entire continent, which happens to be home to the largest population of internet users on the planet. Bad idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jasonda said:
Too expensive for who? You aren't going to pay for it, your customers are. Hey, if they love the shirt, they will be ready to pay for the shipping. If you don't at least have the option available, essentially you're just saying "We don't want your business" to an entire continent, which happens to be home to the largest population of internet users on the planet. Bad idea.
You may be right. I'm gonna think about it. Thanks for showing an interest.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

I agree. I'd let the customers decide what is "too much" to pay for shipping one of your t-shirts. You'd be surprise how much people will pay for something that you can only buy in one place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just thinking about what happens, when the stuff won't fit, or they don't like it in the end, they can't give it back, without paying a fortune of shipping. And I don't want angry customers. As I said, I'm gonna think about it.

Does somebody know, if there's a similar shirt-forum on a european page?

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Prof._Trash said:
I'm just thinking about what happens, when the stuff won't fit, or they don't like it in the end, they can't give it back, without paying a fortune of shipping. And I don't want angry customers. As I said, I'm gonna think about it.

Idea. :)

Why not affiliate with a T-shirt printer in Canada and in USA ? this would solve your shipping paranoia and you would be able to compete in a Billion Dollar industry here... across the ocean.

Example, you can make Plastisol transfers and ship them to your Affiliats to print on demand, you can still take care of the orders/payments/customer service etc.

Honestly, why limit your stuff to be sold there and not worldwide, thats the beauty of the web. :D

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I'm just thinking about what happens, when the stuff won't fit, or they don't like it in the end, they can't give it back, without paying a fortune of shipping. And I don't want angry customers.
Returns aren't very common with t-shirt sales. But if you give a good representation of your product and give lots of sizing information on your site, you won't have angry customers :)

They bought the design after seeing it on your site, so they must like the shirt and design :) If you have the sizing information readily available and they stilll pick the wrong size, I don't think that they will be upset at you for their own mistake. They'll just want the right size so they can wear your cool design proudly :)

We have members here from all over the world, but I'm not aware of any similar forum that is euro-specific.

I agree with Lucy's idea of using a printer/distributor in the US/Canada. Sites like spreadshirt.com and cafepress.com can handle printing/shipping to US/Canada based customers. I think spreadshirt.com would be perfect for your designs (and they have an outlet in Germany, Europe and the US).

Just an idea of course. We're here to help :)

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Prof._Trash said:
I'm just thinking about what happens, when the stuff won't fit, or they don't like it in the end, they can't give it back, without paying a fortune of shipping.
You could also do what a lot of other companies do, for all their orders - offer no returns unless the product itself is defective somehow. If you have plenty of info about your product (sizing, etc), and good size pictures, you should have no problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts