T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's simple, using Photoshop, select the layer where the image is located and add a layer mask in the bottom of the layers pallete. Now using the brush tool, select a brush of you choice, preferable a grudge one, also select the size of your brush, use it only in different areas of the image, DONT use it everywhere or the smudge effect will get lost.

You could use it directly over the image without the layer mask, but I am not a image distroyer so I like to preserve the originla in case you need to change something back to normal. I'll open up my photoshop and try to take a few snapshots to show you, but you can try with this for now.
Good luck.
~J.

·
Registered
88 Posts
PS Oddtee if you could do some screen shots i'd be most grateful.
Ok, this is super easy, follow the sample pictures and you will be all set.

~J.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just use a different brush type and simply go around the edges to smudge them, but use it in the mask layer (Remember that when selecting the brush, the foreground color has to be BLACK, since the mask layer is white).
When something go wrong and you don't like the effect you got, simply paint the image layer mask in white again and start over. This way you won't damage the original.
~J.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts