T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new.
;)
im having problems with yolo jpss paper . when i peel after pressing nearly everytime the image is not perfect. sometimes its all stuck half on the paper half on the shirt. what am i doing wrong? it says to have temp at 190 and press for 30 secs.. is that too low a temp? i have increased somewhat but still same problems? the press is kinda cheap one ..its a love cut but seems to work ok..im not using teflon but intend on buying , em its so annoying,, help!

· Registered
3,906 Posts
If you are in celcius your temp should be OK. You do need medium pressure for 20 seconds, then peel hot. You might have a cold spot on your press which means the heat isn't getting to that part of the transfer, which could explain why only part of the transfer is actually transferring to the fabric. Also make sure you aren't trying to press over seams or collars. If you can't get the seams & collar out of the way, you will need to elevate that part of the shirt where the transfer is at so that the pressure on it is even all the way around it.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Do you have your press set for farenheit or celcius. If it's set at farenheit your way to low. Should be 375F. If your set at 190C then you should be ok as that is 374F. You may need to check your temp with an infrared gun. The teflon sheet is not necessary but helps keep upper platen clean.

· Registered
3,906 Posts
so you reckon 20 secs? it says on the leaflet i got with paper to press for 30 .. im not pressing over seams etc just onto the flat surface of t shirt..
The instructions I got with my JPSS said 20 seconds. Are you pre-heating your shirts for 5 seconds before you apply the transfer? If not there may be some moisture in the fabric that is causing the transfer to not adhere to the fabric.

Also, even though you aren't pressing over seams etc, if they are on the platen anywhere it will cause the heat to be applied unevenly. Make sure all seams and collars are off the platen before pressing.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi ive just pressed another few t shirts
not sure if i mentioned but the biggest problem area is always in top right part of transfer.. the one i made just now didnt even stick to t shirt it was just loose and peeling straight away but the bottom part was quite good ... i reckon could be a dodgy press ? heat not even ?

· Registered
665 Posts
Could also be a warped top plate. While its cool take and lay a sheet of paper on each corner and close the press. See if you can pull it out. Especially the corner your having trouble with.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Could also be a warped top plate. While its cool take and lay a sheet of paper on each corner and close the press. See if you can pull it out. Especially the corner your having trouble with.

hi guys i mailed the company i bought it from and they have picked up the press for inspection.
so hopfully will fix it or ill get a new one..
that works!
thanks for your help ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.