T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After pressure washing, degreasing with dish detergent, and coating with a scoop coater, my screens have developed weird spots on the emulsion. Take a look at the pics I attached, all 4 pics are of the same screen. Has anyone had a problem like this? i think my emulsion is a little old, but looking for more advice. thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could be - I remember seeing a ton of air bubbles as the emulsion was sitting inside the coater. That was the last of my emulsion so hopefully the new stuff I buy will be nice and fresh. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Most likely there is too much reclaim chemical or dish detergent residue left on the screen when you're recoating. Be sure after reclaiming that you are thoroughly washing off both sides of the screen. You should also invest in a more appropriate degreaser. Although I've used Zap degreaser with good results.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking that it could be a chemical battle between the emulsion and degreaser/reclaim. It looks like the emulsion won't "stick" or adhere to the screen. But what do i know, that's why I'm posting here. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree with Scott, you should invest in some degreaser and make sure that your screens are rinsed vary thoroughly. Also make sure that your screens are completely dry before coating them, if you are not using a drying cabinet I would prop the screens up on a wall standing upright instead of putting them directly back into your screen rack. This will ensure that none of the water from your screens drips down onto other screens leaving unwanted spots. The main reason for this is that you are using aluminum screens, they sometimes collect water/chemicals inside the frame and when you put them back into your drying rack that will sometimes drip down onto your other screens.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't believe there were any signs of chemical messing with the emulsion while it was still wet. Will definitely consider air bubbles. If I saw air bubbles in the emulsion in the scoop coater, what should I do about that? I mixed it up in the container before I used it...

·
Registered
73 Posts
try degreasing with a better Detergant After you wash out the screens make sure they are completly rinsed and dry and the screen mesh has no residue on it. the mix your emulsion ut it in the scoop coater giv it a tap on the ground te release any bubbles in the emulsion the coat the screen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.