T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used the ryonet enviroline discharge products on several shirts with a lot of success. Today I was trying to do a discharge on shirts for a customer. I mixed the products as always, this print was to be done in pink so I used the white and a bit of red to get the color. For some reason the white is not mixing completely smooth, because of this when it goes through the screen onto the shirts there are small spots that come out white on the print. Also the very tiny "pieces" of white that are not completely mixing will then clog the screen after a few test prints.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Any solution that worked for you?

I have cleaned the screen, started over completely with remixing the discharge chemicals and had the same result. I just used the same white a couple days ago with no issues, it has been kept closed and sealed and appears the same consistency as it always has.

Thanks

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No its definitely not any hard or crusty pieces, its like small balls of the white pigment. For whatever reason its just not mixing completely and getting smooth and creamy. We are using the ryonet enviroline products for everything, the base, the activator, the white and red pigments.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think its a shelf life issue, we only received these a couple weeks ago and we used them as recently as a few days ago... I've seen similar questions posted on other forums but no real answers from anyone that has experienced the problem and found a solution.

· Registered
113 Posts
I had the very same problem with the white pigment from Ryonet. It's as if the pigment isn't ground up smooth enough. When mixing a color using white (very often) the same problem arose for us. I ended up squeezing the mixed ink through a piece of mesh to get all the chunks out. I threw out a half bottle of the white pigment as I got tired of dealing with this. I started using another discharge because of this. When needing white pigment we instead used white discharge (already mixed), but you have to eye-ball the mixing of the white..

· Registered
1,262 Posts
I use the ryonet matsui inks and these experiences seem really odd and not normal at all. I would wonder if the pigment had been stored improperly or left out in the heat when ups dropped it at the door. Was it sealed properly when not in use. Was it left close to a flash drier to heat up. Matsui inks are some of the best waterbased inks available. Their screen life and coverage as well as their soft hand (even the white) are well know. I'd you search the forums you will see that many many people are using them with significant levels of success and a lot of problems are technique rather then product difficulties.

My two cents. Toss them in a well and make a wish.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no, they weren't left in the heat or exposed to the heat or dryer, there is nothing different now than 6 months ago. the bottle was sealed and we just used it with zero problems a few days prior.

I have found other forums where several people describe the same issue with the same ink....unfortunately no one seems to experienced it and figured out the solution.

· Registered
290 Posts
I had the exact same problem in the beginning, could not get my white smooth at all, it's like it wasn't mixing in.

I called them and they told me to switch up my mixing process, mix your pigment into your base first, make sure it's the color you want, THEN mix in your activator.

I was mixing the activator first, then pigment, something about the activator blocks the pigment from being fully dissolved. I believe it has something to do with how it changes the consentiency of the base. Either way this has solved all my problems.

Pigment into base, then activator, if you are not doing this, then do it!

· Registered
290 Posts
Another note, this is the reason to order from ryonet, their customer services - they are there to answer any questions or problems you have.

A different note, their discharge base isn't matsui anymore it's cci - the people that make all the cleaning products, they also make all the emulsion, and that stuff is great, it's shelf life is epic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.