T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently did a job for a school using white Premium Plus on a 100% polyester shirt. It went great. The customer ordered more, and wanted a few done with hot pink lettering. I ordered some hot pink and made their shirts. I did them all using the same temp (300*) and time (15 sec). I got a call yesterday that the pink ones were coming off after a single wash. I did a test here today, bumped up the temp to 320 and put both a white and neon pink logo on a shirt. After a single wash I am getting edge lifting on the pink. HELP!!!

· Registered
4 Posts
I'm having the same problem with the Premium Plus neon blue. Did 30 basketball team dry fit shirts using premium plus neon blue and white. Both colors on the front and white by itself on the back. Only the blue is coming off after one wash. Did another job using the white with no issues, absolutely loved the results and feel of the latter. Same settings for all, 315 degrees for 12 seconds. Also notice when removing the carrier the bond on the white looks very sturdy and I can see the fibers of the shirt through the vinyl when I look closely. The fibers of the shirt cannot be seen through the vinyl on the neon blue and when peeling the edges look iffy. Can this be a bad roll?

· Registered
4 Posts
Well, I am by no means an expert, but since I originally posted this thread, I have figured out with the neon pink that I need to bump the temp a few degrees and I press it for longer. That seemed to fix the problem.
Thanks bro. I did some testing and there's definitely a difference between the white and the neon blue. From what you've said i take it P Plus is picky color to color. I have some black as well that I'm going to work with. It seems the white becomes gel like when pressed, 315F for 12 seconds, whereas the neon blue feels more papery when pressed at the same temp and pressure. Great adhesion on the white. Going to keep trying luckily this customer is a good customer and happy with my products and services in general so I should be alright. Prolly gonna have to shell out some blanks an vinyl to make it right. Ugh!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.