T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
319 Posts
Try changing the angle of the fill behind the lettering. (See how the fill and letters bleed together at that 0* angle). Also extending the background fill further under the borders should help. Alternatively increase the pull compensation of that fill.

· Registered
81 Posts
When checking the angles, check the points at which the column/line goes from being left to right to an angle also. If it is too lose to the right angle, this kind of thing happens.

Also check underlays.

Looks like there is a smidge of puckering also. If the backing isn't tight in that area, it could happen also. A lot of times I put light-medium tearaway behind my cutwaway just to add more stability when sewing.

Fabrics that stretch (polyester, rayon, etc.) may also do this if they are too tight and alternatively too loose. There is a happy medium.

Can take time to get used to, and in my experience, different people have different methods to counter this. The woman I apprenticed for was amazing with various delicate fabrics, but her and I had totally different methods to achieve the same results. She was more comfortable running the machine slow and putting her fingers on the fabric while it sewed (I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS) where as I NEVER did this as I can't get my hands under the non-sewing needles without at least cutting myself as my hands were significantly larger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.