T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
i´m from Germany. i hope may English is good enough.
I´ve owned an HM1 till one week.
Whenn i printed an red (100 y, 100m) it´s very dark before i fix it with the press. After fixing in will become more dark! What ist the Problem?
I use Rip Pro V. 1.00.00.15
The Problem is the same on white or blak garment.
:confused:
Stefan

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
You need a colour profile.
The profile is made by printing lots of colours, then measuring with a spectrophotometer.
So the computer knows what colour M-100 Y-100 gives and when it has to print that colour it knows the formula.
Your manufacturer may have profiles, they may be on your disc, they will not be perfect but a start.
Profiles are made for one ink set on one substrate at one printer resolution. If you change the substrate you need a new profile.
I hope this explains it?

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Just to add on to what Dave mentioned above, the profiles are built into the RIP you have. You just need to match your color management settings from your graphic software (i.e. Corel, Photoshop, Illustrator,...) with the RIP software, unless you are using the Print From application. You should probably contact your DTG distributor and they should be able to help you out with these settings.

The other thing that you should consider doing is printing a color chart out. Some of the colors that you are use to getting with a standard desktop printer will be different with your dtg printer because you are using different inks and are curing them. If you use a color chart and a corresponding color palette / swatches, then you can use that color chart when developing / tweaking the graphics and should be able to reproduce the same color every time as long as all the same settings are used (i.e. color management, file type, resolution, time / temperature / pressure on the heat press,...). If you don't have a color chart, you can download one of them here - CMYK & RGB Color Charts - MultiRIP Sublimation, Transfers, Photograph and Direct-to-Garment Printing RIP Softwares.

Hope this gets you going in the right direction.

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts