T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am having problems when pressing Color shirts such as Pink, Yellow, and Lt Gray. I am using Jet Pro Soft Paper for lights, Printing with NO background. Pressing for 30 Seconds, Heavy pressure same as I do for a white shirt.

When I press the shirt, it leaves an outline and it is very noticeable, and also within the outline, it is darker than the rest of the shirt. It also does NOT wash out with the first wash.

I don’t understand why it is doing that when printing with no background at all.

I could really use some help here as I am limited to White only and people want color shirts.

Thanks in advance for your help
Ted

· Registered
4,871 Posts
Hi All,

I am having problems when pressing Color shirts such as Pink, Yellow, and Lt Gray. I am using Jet Pro Soft Paper for lights, Printing with NO background. Pressing for 30 Seconds, Heavy pressure same as I do for a white shirt.

When I press the shirt, it leaves an outline and it is very noticeable, and also within the outline, it is darker than the rest of the shirt. It also does NOT wash out with the first wash.

I don’t understand why it is doing that when printing with no background at all.

I could really use some help here as I am limited to White only and people want color shirts.

Thanks in advance for your help
Ted
Sorry you have to trim around the image. Some use scissors or exacto knife and some use vinyl cutter to contour cut around and inside the image to get rid of polymer in open space areas. The later is more expensive but it is the better solution.

If you go with a laser transfer and printer you can use Imageclip which is a two step true self weeding heat transfer paper. It works on any light or darker pastel colored shirts without worrying about the polymer background you are having.

I use both laser and inkjet transfers and Imageclip is my first choice especially with colored shirts.

· Premium Member
11,130 Posts
That is the way it is unless you trim away the polymer window. Here is a thread that shows the polymer on Ash Gray shirts. It is really noticable.

Here is a thread where people talk about jpss on colors. In that thread is a link to the thread showing a picture of the poly window being visible on the ash shirt. I read in a post that heathers can be harder to work with then other shirts.

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t59725.html#post354699

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.