13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have the following setup at the moment:

A OKI C8600 printer
DuraCotton HT papers
An no-named A4 portable heat press.

My problems are all coming at the pressing stage:

• I sometimes get the paper not releasing.
  • I very often get only part of the ink transfering to the t-shirts.
  • I increase the heat/pressure/time but then end up scorching the t-shirt.
I have seen rave reviews of people using Ht with OKI so I am presuming its down to my choice of cheap press.

So my question is...
If you are getting good results from HT/OKI can I ask..what press are you using and what time/temps you use?

( I am in the UK so if you know of a good cheap press that I can by over here all the better )

MANY THANKS!!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Check to make sure your pressure is even. I just had to make some repairs to my press. The way I discovered that my pressure was not even was when I pressed a shirt and had the same problems you're describing.

If you can't tell with the naked eye, try placing a piece of paper at each corner of the presss...if the paper pulls out of one corner, and not the other, then you may have a pressure problem.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
It could be either issue described above,I would check both. I think it is likely uneven pressure. .... JB

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks people....if un-even pressure is a problem then that certainly could be my problem in this case as the whole press is a little shaky in constuction. The temperature is very hard to judge also as it just has a plus and minus dial and a small temp guage that looks like it has come out of a Christmas cracker.

I have not been pre-pressing the shirts as I read on the main Duracotton website that its not needed, but will give that a try also to see if it helps.

Looks like a new press will be a good investment, if anyone has any advice...

Many thanks again for all your help.

Andy

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Thanks people....if un-even pressure is a problem then that certainly could be my problem in this case as the whole press is a little shaky in constuction. The temperature is very hard to judge also as it just has a plus and minus dial and a small temp guage that looks like it has come out of a Christmas cracker.

I have not been pre-pressing the shirts as I read on the main Duracotton website that its not needed, but will give that a try also to see if it helps.

Looks like a new press will be a good investment, if anyone has any advice...

Many thanks again for all your help.

Andy
Andy any name brand press will give you great service. I have also heard the Sunie brand press is a decent press for the money. The Sunie is not as costly. I would also suggest getting a IR thermometer to help get your temp regulated, This could be a big part of your existing issue. good luck. ...... JB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts