T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone! I am new to selling tshirts and onesies, ect. I recently took a large order of tshirts and onesies and i was able to make the tshirts just fine, I ordered 100 percent cotton for both the tshirts and the onesies from jiffy shirts. The tshirts worked just fine however the onesie I had a hard time getting the material to stick to at all. I am using siser easyweed and i noticed that the material's texture is much different that the adult tshirts, the tshirts were much more of a solid texture where the onesies were a bit stretchy with almost a feel of grooves in the material. I am not sure if it is the grooves that is making it hard to stick the heat transfer to, I do know its a tight grip for the press so that isnt the problem....so my question is: 1. does anyone have a good wholesaler for onesies and 2. is it possible that i am doing something wrong
my temperature is at 305 for 15 seconds like the instructions say for the siser easy weed material:(

· Registered
33 Posts
The grooves are 'ribbed' which is what makes the suit stretchy.
Try washing and drying one and see if that helps. You might also want to create a cardboard cutout just a bit bigger than the unstretched onsie. Place the onsie on a box and trace around it, giving about 1/2 inch on each side so the fabric is just a bit stretched when you press. Will look better when the onsie in on the child as well.
In the future, if you're working with ribbed fabric, you'll want to use Siser Easyweed stretch so the vinyl stretches with the fabric.

Good luck!

· Registered
4,706 Posts
you could try the jersey type at jiffy, more expensive though

just remember ribbed will definitely need that second 10sec press (after peel cover with parchment and repress)
you should be doing that for all your tee's anyway

but there is no reason that it should not be adhering at all,
makes me think there may be a protective coating on it (or it has something other than cotton in the blend)
shoot them an email and see what they say

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.