T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought Heat Press, Transfers, and T-Shirts..been practising applying the Transfers..having problems..What am I doing wrong, the whole transfer is going on the shirt but not all of the layers of the transfer, therefore the transfer is faint on the T-Shirt..and you can still see the whole transfer faintly on the transfer paper..why is it not ALL coming off onto the shirt??:confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hot Split Transfers and Hot Peel Transfers..Company is Dowling Graphics..Heat Press " Black Magic " supposedly Industial Press 20" x 24"..Hope this info helps, with any help anyone can give..getting very frustrated..and Needless to saying going through alot of transfers and T-Shirts :(

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I would venture to say your press is the issue. I think that is a Ebay bargin press and the temp may not be right or the platen has some cool spots. I realize you bought what you thought was a proffesional press, some of the statements on Ebay are misleading. I suggest you check to see if the temp is regulated and also check for cool spots. I suggest getting a IR thermometer . I bought mine at harbor frieght tools for around $39. I hope this helps. .... JB

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Dowling makes great transfers so I would agree that it appears to be a press temp / time issue.

What temp are you trying to apply the transfers at and for how long? It sounds like you are not getting enough heat...either too low a temp, uneven temp, or your dwell time is too short.

Let us know what your operating parameters are.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well originally we were doing 375 F for 10 seconds as per instructions with Transfers..Then we emailed Nordale and told them the problems we were having and they told us they do theres at 415 f for 16 seconds...But neither works for us?? Could it be the pressure we are putting on them..Too much could that create our problems..as we really have to reef on the clamp to open?? How can you tell if the pressure is ok?? as suggestions as to how to test pressure?? Any help would be appreciated..Thanks Angel

·
Registered
784 Posts
Sounds like you need to adjust your press settings. Use the recommended settings for *your* transfers as a starting point.

Offhand, I'd guess you're not using enough pressure.

Cut the shirts up and use small sections until you get everything dialed in. You can cut up the transfers as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ha! I never would have thought to cut up a shirt and transfer for testing purposes as to not waste transfers and shirts!! Great Idea! Thanks!

Mel :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts