T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

New guy here, I have this issue with this current print out that we got from fmexpressions. They gave us the settings of the heat and press but for some reason its not sticking. Not sure if I should press it longer or with higher heat or less,

Any help will do, I am attaching some images so you guys can see.

https://plus.google.com/photos/110531284989751091417/albums/5858399748089827489

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I guess I will try different temp and press... the transfer says the settings but its not working. Its a 50/50 Cotton/poly.. I will let you guys know what worked.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Your heat press may not, probably, be producing an accurate temperature. I had this same problem when I first started, drove me nuts until I figured out my then cheap press was almost 100f off. You need to check with a full contact thermal probe.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using T-Shirt Forums

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I know, mine was new as well. Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Well, I guess I will try different temp and press... the transfer says the settings but its not working. Its a 50/50 Cotton/poly.. I will let you guys know what worked.

Thanks,
I am almost certain its a heat problem. FM Expressions transfers are very reliable and usually not finicky at all about temp and pressure. But it should be within 10-15 degrees of their recommended. Good luck
CalhTech>

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quick update, I went and raised the temp and checked the press strength. I adde a bit more of press but the color was messing all over the tshirt, so I lowered the press strength. I had to press with a wooden board after each press so the color would come off. I talked to Fmexpression and they are going to see what can b e done so this does not happend again. I have used them for a while and all of their ink is very nice quality and easy to press... except this time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.