T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently came across this problem and wanted to know if someone can point out exactly what I am doing wrong.

I purchased my plastisol transfers from First Edition approximately two years ago. (I have been storing them in my cool, dark closet.) I received an order last week. I pre-heat the shirt for about 10 seconds, @ 375. When the shirt is cool to touch, I press the transfer onto a American Apparel ribbed tee for 15 seconds.

This is how I've been doing it for the past two years, but for some reason, this batch looks like it could lift around the corners.

Could it be the type of tees I'm using?
Or is it a age problem with the transfers?

Your help is very much appreciated!!

Best,
Aimee

·
Registered
721 Posts
Based on the information you gave, my guess would be that it's the type of tee you're using.

Ribbed tees aren't a flat surface, so transfer material is not going to adhere to the "lower" surfaces.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Based on the information you gave, my guess would be that it's the type of tee you're using.

Ribbed tees aren't a flat surface, so transfer material is not going to adhere to the "lower" surfaces.
Thanks! I guess there's no way around this, huh?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I have read that white plastisol transfers only last about a year, so that's why I was asking. But yeah, the problem is more likely the ribbed shirt.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts

I agree. Ribbed shirts are not easy to do. totally agree with your answer. Lou

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've never tried it on ribbed shirts - but would added pressure help any?

Also - I would test on regular t-shirt to at least see if that's the issue. Haven't ran into it, but could be a bad batch of ink, transfers, etc. Call First Edition and they will test since they always keep some on hand just for that reason.

Chad

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I want to chime in , I'm sure it's the ribbed T's. I have some old transfers and they still work fine. A friend has used transfer 10+years old with no issue. .... JB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts