T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I go to heat press the shirt after it is done printing sometimes some of the ink will stick to the parchment paper and then go onto another shirt. I only use the parchment paper for a little bit before it does this and the temprature is set at 325 degress and 2 pounds of pressure. Any ideas why it is sticking to the parchment. Thanks.

Josh

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
You need to use silicone coated paper when you heat press your finished print. Uncoated parchment paper should be used only in heat pressing pretreatment before printing.

Harry

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Also how long are you curing for? If the ink is not fully cured it will stick a little until it is. This is a good indicator to go by for making sure your prints are cured correctly.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Josh,

What are you trying to achieve by pressing the design a second time with parchment paper? If we know your ultimate goal, someone might be able to provide solution that could work better for you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Josh,

What are you trying to achieve by pressing the design a second time with parchment paper? If we know your ultimate goal, someone might be able to provide solution that could work better for you.
i believe he's pressing it after he's printed it....which you need to do in order to cure the ink....

and id suggest the silicone paper like previous stated....especially if you're printing with white ink...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi ,

Might be of help to everyone, we have tried using normal baking paper for curing our shirts, give a fantastic finish and is extremely cheap so you can afford to throw it away after every couple of shirts. Were donig around 250 shirts a day at the moment and after using baking paper have no issues at all.

Uk based but we buy it from tesco's about 50p for 10meters

Bargain !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts