T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All, I have an epson 1400 printer , I use INKJETCART. refill carts and pig. ink. and JPSS paper. Am having problem transfering black . All other colors do fine only black . 350-375 for 30-40 sec. When i peel [hot] i pull off some of the black. Seem to do better the longer i press. Use to not have this promlem as i have made close to 1000 transfers. Thought maybe someone else had same problem. Thanks

·
Registered
659 Posts
Maybe you're pressing too long. I've always pressed JPSS at 367 degrees for 27 secs and get perfect results every time. Also maybe check to see if your heat press is heating up to the correct temp.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I agree, if the area that is pulling off each time is in the same area, maybe a cold spot on the heat press. Check the press to make sure you are getting even heat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply, But i don't believe it's the press as all color transfer perfect except the black no matter where it is in the design. As for time anything under 30 sec. it really bad. @ 40-45 sec. not to bad but i have scorched a few shirts. I tend to think it's the black ink because i used to not have this problem and all other colors work so well. But what do i know. PLEASE keep coming with advice. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts