T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I had all my problems worked out for getting rid of the white area an opaque transfers leaves by getting a cutter to cut around the design. It works great on a solid design but when I do letters and weed off the excess and use the transfer tape to remove them from the backing, they won't come loose. I still have to take them off one at a time and position them. Does anyone know of an easier way to get this done? I am using the tape for thermal digital designs and it sticks to everything except the transfer.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
du-no?

may be your cut was not deep enough.
never made letters that way using jet transfers.

I've done experiments graphics with clc 2 step opaque, cut out the graphics/perimiter, then heat press a low-tac clear material to lift up the graphis then press it on shirts.... just experiments, never done as jobs.

sorry

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I have solved my own problem but will share the info with others who may have the same problem. After printing the letters or numbers and then sending to the cutter, I weeded the background and then used a stylus tool and lifted the edges of the letters. When I applied the thermal transfer tape, it lifted the letters and numbers and kept them spaced and ready for pressing. Takes a little while but easier than removing and trying to reposition. T-Bot what is the clear low tac material you use? The stuff I have is tan colored and not see thru which makes it hard to position on a t-shirt.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
adcoffey said:
T-Bot what is the clear low tac material you use? The stuff I have is tan colored and not see thru which makes it hard to position on a t-shirt.
left over Clear scrap Thermoflex Vinyl Carrier material. I try to use up as much garbo as i can. For inviromental sake. :D but it will get tossed.

With deco materials, that is one way we make pre-spaced lettering/slogans. With Flex and other materials. You should really try it.

oh, heat pressing it means a quick down touch so it sticks a little better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts