T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!
I have a problem I wanted to share with everybody here, see if theres any advice you can give me.

Ok, so I want to buy a small quantity of shirts, lets say 20-50; to test the market. See if its a good desicion to start a business in my area or not.
Something simple and personal, no rush.

Problem is I cant buy good quality TShirts in my country, cuz all they sell 'round here is Hanes, Gildan or Fruit of the Loom (which are all cool, but I want something more "fashionable" and soft)...
So I turn to my friend, the Internet...
but on the internet everybody asks for a TAX ID NUMBER or something of the like or else they wont even let me peek at the prices.

Now, in my country (Puerto Rico), I have to register my bussiness and pay if I want a tax ID #, not only that, but I have to tell the IRS every year how much money I made with my "company"...which hasnt even started.

And this complicates everything to me.

I just want to buy TShirts in peace :_(
Why do sites bully me into giving them a Tax ID #?....I actually imagine the answer for this...but what I really want to know is if there is any wholesaler out there that just accepts my money and doesnt ask for a tax id #

I mean...What if I was a Kindergarden Teacher who wants to buy 100 good quality shirts for my Field Day? Do I have to register a company too?
Help!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for the link, Jon.
I was about to order 12 shirts when all of a sudden..POP! Apparently they dont ship to Puerto Rico. I'm waiting for them to tell me whats the problem now.
Great.

With me, it seems if its not one thing, its another. hehe

Dont worry, I'm not thinking about running away from taxes.
But for now, since I just want to test the waters, I dont want to over complicate my life by paying taxes for 12 shirts I sold to my own family.

Thanks a lot! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey boricua what kind of tees are you looking for do you have anything in mind.
I might be able to get some sites for you i have a place you can get tees with some nasty design really nice stuff. I am from cabo rojo where all the alien sightings good luck .:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts