T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have small problem. I am using yellow 230 mesh screens for poster prints. Anytime I have any fine details in the screen, it seems like the ink begins to clog the mesh after only one or two prints. Of course, this prevents all prints afterwards to not be as sharp. What can I do to prevent that from happening?

I am using Speedball Permanent Acrylic Ink.

· Registered
290 Posts
get away from the speedball stuff, and you will have much better results in the long run.

Try using a "real" wb ink, something you can buy in a hobby store isn't the best. It is generally going to be a "consumer" do it at home version, going to be more user friendly and less professional, you are getting the results you are suppose with it.

All speedball inks are made to air dry, they are just doing their job. No matter how much you thin it out, it has a catalyst in it to allow it to cure fully without heat, you can't take that out.

You can try thinning it and using more ink on the screen, may give you better results, but it will not solve your problem.

This thread will point you in the right direction. I would also recommend matsui 301 series.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.