T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a screen printer of plastisol transfer, I have a problem when printing half-tone designs with little tiny dots, after several strokes, the dots are getting bigger and bigger and sometimes they even overlap with each other that make the whole print terrible, to avoid this I have to wipe the printing side of the stencil every 5 to 6 strokes, anyone here knows the cause of the problem and how to solve it? thanks a million!!!

· Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I am a screen printer of plastisol transfer, I have a problem when printing half-tone designs with little tiny dots, after several strokes, the dots are getting bigger and bigger and sometimes they even overlap with each other that make the whole print terrible, to avoid this I have to wipe the printing side of the stencil every 5 to 6 strokes, anyone here knows the cause of the problem and how to solve it? thanks a million!!!
You can do it on a finer mesh screen ( 180, 230, 355 ) speed up your squeeze speed , less pressure on your squeeze....or a combination of these

· Registered
150 Posts
You shouldn't have to do multiple strokes when printing transfers...Especially with half tones. If you are printing on transfer paper it should be 1 hit and done. Several stokes is what's causing your problem and will make it look terrible. Get a pelon or piece of material and make sure you are clearing the screen with one pass.
1-color plastisol transfers are very easy to print. Make sure you are using new pallet paper. use a light mist of glue to hold the transfer paper in place, print with a nice smooth stroke, not too much angle, med pressure, decent off-contact and it should print beautifully.

· Premium Member
1,101 Posts
( after several strokes, the dots are getting bigger and bigger and sometimes they even overlap with each other that make the whole print terrible )

I think the OP was meaning after he had printed a few sheets he had to wipe the screen and then after a few more wipe the screen again , so a finer mesh lighter pressure and a little faster speed on squeeze should help him...

( 1-color plastisol transfers are very easy to print. Make sure you are using new pallet paper. use a light mist of glue to hold the transfer paper in place, print with a nice smooth stroke, not too much angle, med pressure, decent off-contact and it should print beautifully.)

I agree he should get great results

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.