1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have a problem during do the sublimation for big size (from 40x60cm)aluminium board. it have " line " on the edge of the board after sublimation .
do someone has this experience ?
the problem image is as below linked file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/prvppjehl...0E67F3351C-5028-0000034236C80048_tmp.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/swd19hdak...F7D552CED0-5028-000003423BDC5506_tmp.JPG?dl=0
obviously printed paper doesn't have the line? You are pressing upside down (paper -> blank aluminium sheet-> heat press)?

I would be blaming the coating company especially if you are doing other sizes ok. Where did you get the blanks?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
after the print from the printer, there is no line on the print, and i put sublimation print paper on the press machine, the aluminium sheet face down, and press, after finish, we can see the line on the aluminium sheet and also on the paper ...

·
Registered
768 Posts
after the print from the printer, there is no line on the print, and i put sublimation print paper on the press machine, the aluminium sheet face down, and press, after finish, we can see the line on the aluminium sheet and also on the paper ...
Looks like the coating is missing in the "line area".
Since it is a very straight line, maybe from staking the metal during production.

Is is in the same place(s) every time?
Where did you get the metal from or at least what brand is it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the board i bought from it is Microtec in China., if it is because of the board, why after the transfer, i can see this line on the sublimation paper also? ( before the transfer there is no line on the paper), if the pressure make this problem?

·
Registered
26 Posts
What color is the line on the paper after pressing? Is it simply because no ink was transferred?

To me your problem certainly looks like a coating issue since you have coverage on both sides of the line and its too sharp to be a pressure problem.

How many pieces have you tried? If multiple ones and keeps happening take an other one and just cut small pieces along the edge and test piece by piece with all black print. I think you will see the same problem, if yes contact vendor and ask them to make it right.

Do you see anything on the edge before coating (maybe try UV light)?

·
Registered
768 Posts
the line on the paper ( after sublimation) is empty, no colour, it is nearly same as the line on the board, i will try to UV light to check the coating on the board.
Maybe show us what the paper looks like after its been pressed, that might help us figure it out.

Reactions: Dekzion
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.