T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with red shirts (%100 cotton) slightly scorching under heat. I do not have this issue with any other shirt. I am using a flash dryer at about 3" height for around 45 seconds..... The Red shirts are discoloring.

I tried raising my flash unit up to 6" and cuting the cure time down to 30 seconds....it is still discoloring!!!??? After the shirt cools, the discoloration is not as bad, but still noticable.

Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
14,018 Posts
Red shirts are by far the most difficult to print on. It's probably not scorching at all, but a heat reaction to the red dye.

Raising your flash and lowering cure times is not the answer. It will only lead to under-cured shirts that may feel dry but will break-down after a wash or two.

What brand of tee is it? Not all red tees are made the same, and you may have to switch brands to fix the problem.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You've probably discovered by now that the problem has disappeared. This temporary dark discoloration in the cure area of a red garment is common and will go away on it's own. - Scotty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts