T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about ten designs and a printer who is doing the printing for this run. However I am having an issue with my designs. The graphics were made in photoshow cs4 and my printer uses Corel Draw. She asked me to change my work from a PSD to a PDF or EPS and keep the high resolution. Problem is any time we open the designs in Corel they are no longer high resolution. When we go to print the film positive the program tells us that the DPI is below 96. My original resolution is set at 350, and all of the designs have been victoriesd (using live trace) in Photoshop Illustrator. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Just give her the original .PSD files and import it directly in Corel. Corel will not change the file's resolution from the original .PSD's.

If you have converted your files to .PDF's, it will surely lose its original image reslution. By default .PDF file are made with JPEG compression when processed. That is when you pass your PDF it is already on low format resolution.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She has an older version of the program and doesn't work with photoshop herself so may have simply never tried the psd in it. But just to make sure, the older version can take psd files directly? Would you simply put it on a flash drive then import it directly in as if it were any other format?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
She has an older version of the program and doesn't work with photoshop herself so may have simply never tried the psd in it. But just to make sure, the older version can take psd files directly? Would you simply put it on a flash drive then import it directly in as if it were any other format?

I am using X4. I have made imports from PSD files to Corel way back to ver11. Why not just give a try.

Goodluck. :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
J,

I have been helping Dodger with his projects. I'm working with Corel X3. It seems that when importing the eps or pdf i'm finding 1) you can clearly see the pixels when you zoom in 2) I cannot ungroup the image to separate each graphic and modify them it's almost as if it were a jpg bitmap and it does have the white backgroud behind it 3) When printing it throws up the issue of "image resolution at 96 dpi"

Usually when I have a client send me their artwork in EPS or PDF it comes it clean to me. I import it and it's already vectorized. I don't understand what the issue could be with Dodgers images. The only thing I can think of is that in the converting of his image to eps or pdf there is a step missing.

Does any of this make sense? Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am a newbie here. I want to offer some help. But I have never tried to convert PDF files according toits tutorials about how to get the PDF conversion work started using the tools you mentioner above. I am not a long-term user of document and image processing, so I only checked some free packages to help me with the PDF conversion work. But the one whose way of processing is simple and fast worked great for me. Itis just one of many but I do like it because it is manual and easy to manipulate. Share with you. You can also google someone for help. I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,
Arron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts