T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
having problems clearing screens with Union ultrasoft ink. Got any suggestion? Roller frames... tight screen... probably 1/8" off contact...
push stroke.

Sorry "Problem clearing screen* with 230 mesh"...that what I get for typing while driving!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
hey stop texting while driving....

"friends dont let friends text while driving" :)

what angle are you using.....I find a lower angle helps with clearing the screen...but that is with white ink.

Inked

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I meant a push stroke with a sharp squegee blade.
Yeah I pushing with a sharp squegee.

Ultrasoft royal blue on white.

hey stop texting while driving....

"friends dont let friends text while driving" :)

what angle are you using.....I find a lower angle helps with clearing the screen...but that is with white ink.

Inked
Deal...haha. Yeah I am staying pretty low. I really dont know what the deal is. I finally got to where I was doing 3 hard strokes and it was all clear, but then I was getting fibrillation when the shirt is washed and dried... assuming that it is from me pushing the ink into the shirt.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Ultrasoft is pretty thin. What I find works best is to do a stencil fill stroke pulling the ink forward in the screen with the screen raised, then a print stroke, with ink in front of the blade. It seems that the additional ink gives it just enough volume to most if not all of the ink pass through with just one print stroke. Using white inks sometimes require a second, dry print stroke, but with Ultrasofts, that ink is so easy to move.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts