T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting an online store and want to import most of the pro world transfers onto my website for people to browse through and buy directly from my website. Is there any easier way than clicking on each transfer on the proworld site, saving them to my computer than creating a product with that image on my website? This is a painstakingly long process.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Re: Pro World Transfers

Appears to me just a place to view transfers. To link them to your shopping cart I think you will have to add each image - with pricing - individually to your website.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts

Brice you are not going to be able to do what you want as set up... The beauty of Proworld site is that there is no identification as to who/what/cost on site. Just do as I do...tell you client you 10,000 transfers...and give them the URL...when they give you the number you like, you can go to Proworld website..get your price and then you can do the markup that you want. For me that is super...If you have a store front..have a computer that the customer can browse through...good job by ProWorld

·
Registered
21 Posts

Are we allowed to copy directly from Pro World?
I have been in other businesses before and know someone that got sued for using a wholesalers photos in their own catalog.
I am also setting up an online catalog soon and this would make it a lot easier. Thanks

·
Registered
6,875 Posts

The design must be purchased from us to display it on your website.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts

Well I guess if Proworld wants to Limit their sales, and make you purchase the design before you post it on your site that's up to them they own it.

With other similar companies, you can post it as long as you're buying from them and not just using the artwork. They know who their customers are. I'm wondering if this is what Proworld is saying, but it's coming out wrong.

Ed, is that in fact the case? As long as I'm buying your products, we can post your design?

Also, I heard to buy your products I have to sign up for a membership, is this the case? I sell your competitors price cause I don't like joining membership programs like that.

·
Registered
6,875 Posts

First of all, you do not have to purchase any membership to buy our merchandise. We do have a program which provides discounts, rebates, shipping advantages, and other features if you choose to join. It is an option, not a requirement.
Regarding the website, a few years ago we were sued by a major manufacturer for a copyright infringement. The suit stemmed from a customer who displayed the design on his website. This customer had never purchased the design. We are distributors and do not own the copyright to the artwork, however the suit was aggressively pursued and the manufacturer, our customer, and Pro World ended up spending several thousand dollars to defend ourselves. The plaintiff won the suit and was awarded many thousands of dollars more.
Since that time we have made it our policy to allow the use of our images only if the product has been purchased from us. If someone wants to place a design on their website, and has not made a purchase of the design, and is ultimately sued for an infringement, we will not assume any responsibility.
We now have a tool, T-Shirt Designs, that has been designed as an online catalog for the free use of any of our customers. Every design that we offer is available on this site. No prices, no company name. We have received rave reviews from our customers who have been unitizing this tool and we encourage others who are not using it to give it a try.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It would be a more useful "tool" if ProWorld (Art4MyShirt.com) allowed either the removal or changing of the banner/logo and customizing of the colors even to blend with an existing website. Sort of a generic template.

If someone wants to just link to Art4MyShirt - that's fine ----- but I have worked long and hard to create my website to be unique and "flow" a certain way. I wouldn't want to scare away a potential buyer by sending them to a website that is "away" from my home page.

I realize some are not skilled in web development, but some of us are. Even the features of the A4MS website are limited and a potential customer has to hand write the transfer number(s) down since there is no way to "add to cart" or "add to wish list" which could then maybe be linked to the original website.

As it is now, I am spending hours creating and adding hundreds of graphic transfers into my online store so that I don't stear my customers away to a different website.

Perhaps the Art4MyShirt website tool that PW is offering is workable for maybe some users, but in it's current form, it is not useful to most users. IMHO

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
It would be a more useful "tool" if ProWorld (Art4MyShirt.com) allowed either the removal or changing of the banner/logo and customizing of the colors even to blend with an existing website. Sort of a generic template.

If someone wants to just link to Art4MyShirt - that's fine ----- but I have worked long and hard to create my website to be unique and "flow" a certain way. I wouldn't want to scare away a potential buyer by sending them to a website that is "away" from my home page.

I realize some are not skilled in web development, but some of us are. Even the features of the A4MS website are limited and a potential customer has to hand write the transfer number(s) down since there is no way to "add to cart" or "add to wish list" which could then maybe be linked to the original website.

As it is now, I am spending hours creating and adding hundreds of graphic transfers into my online store so that I don't stear my customers away to a different website.

Perhaps the Art4MyShirt website tool that PW is offering is workable for maybe some users, but in it's current form, it is not useful to most users. IMHO
I agree with you on this. I want to incorporate the design images into my website so my customers can just select the design(s) and pay on my website. Going to another website, writing down transfer numbers and calling or emailing me isn't working.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wrote PW on their website about this, and they as usual replied very quick!! They are really a great company to work with, and I know I will be a long time customer of theirs.
This is a part of their reply that really clears up some of my concerns and questions, and hopefully some of those of others.

"... We are working on an update to this site for customers like you where you'll eventually be able to brand the art4myshirt.com site with only designs you want your customers to see, add your logo and other personalization about your business. We're also considering updating the functionality of it so that when you send your customers to this site and they pick out designs, they can place them in a cart and that cart can be automatically emailed back to you so you can receive all the shirts/designs your customer wishes to purchase. We're still a few months away from that, and not sure that will be the exact functionality we'll be adding but wanted to give you a hint of where we're trying to go with this. Currently the art4myshirt.com site is intended to give customers like you a place/site where you can send your own customers to browse designs without exposing them to Pro World and giving away your source. What other functionality would you ultimately want? ......"

Pretty clear that they care about us, and understand our needs as merchants.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I wrote PW on their website about this, and they as usual replied very quick!! They are really a great company to work with, and I know I will be a long time customer of theirs.
This is a part of their reply that really clears up some of my concerns and questions, and hopefully some of those of others.

"... We are working on an update to this site for customers like you where you'll eventually be able to brand the art4myshirt.com site with only designs you want your customers to see, add your logo and other personalization about your business. We're also considering updating the functionality of it so that when you send your customers to this site and they pick out designs, they can place them in a cart and that cart can be automatically emailed back to you so you can receive all the shirts/designs your customer wishes to purchase. We're still a few months away from that, and not sure that will be the exact functionality we'll be adding but wanted to give you a hint of where we're trying to go with this. Currently the art4myshirt.com site is intended to give customers like you a place/site where you can send your own customers to browse designs without exposing them to Pro World and giving away your source. What other functionality would you ultimately want? ......"

Pretty clear that they care about us, and understand our needs as merchants.
This is great news. I look forward to these changes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I currently have about 60 stock transfers from Pro World in inventory. I would also like to be able to have people purchase a shirt from me, after they purchase, I can turn and purchase the transfer from Pro world (I usually get it within about 2 days) and then print and ship it to my customer (after about 5 business days). However, Pro world has minimums set on orders (I believe $15 or $20) and the shipping is very high at the minimum qty. (I think $8)

It would be crazy to want only 1 transfer and have to pay up to $10 to get just 1 or more. Is there a way around this? Would membership take away the minimums or make shipping cheaper?

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
We do not have any minimums but the shipping percentage is high on small orders. Keep in mind that not keeping the inventory has a value in that you will not get stuck with dead stock. That should offset some of that shipping expense.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was excited about using the link Art4MyShirt until I got to thinking about it and looked in the website. Many transfers are R-rated and I do not want those thus it would hurt my well....reputation if that is the word for it. But with this new innovation....wow! u r working on it so we can pick our own transfers would be hey Super Cool.

Thanks so much for thinking about us.

You had been a great supplier for me for years.

:eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Ed, I am new here and going to start my online shop soon. from so many resources i found the proworld gonna be a great supplier to my future business, can you give me youe personal contact info., so i can contact with you for many more details for the cooperation. Thanks.
Kenny

1 - 20 of 49 Posts