T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with pro world custom transfers. I ordered some samples last week, pressed them and they looked great. Problem I'm having is talking to someone on the phone to get an order placed. Every time I call I get voice mail during normal business hours. Seems like they don't like to talk, just emails, it's a little frustrating when I'm willing to give them a shot at some business.

Ray

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Ray. We are sorry that you have reached the voice mail system At times, we have an overflow of calls and rather than keep someone on hold for an extended period of time we ask that you leave a message. We usually return calls within 30 minutes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ed,
Thanks for the quick reply. I did reply to email quote and never received a reply back. I was asking for a total price for the job I emailed.

Ray

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All,
I sent email yesterday at 2 pm with question, re-sent email last night at 1 am with same question, still no reply, I just wanted a total cost for the order. Any suggestions?

Ray

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Hi All,
I sent email yesterday at 2 pm with question, re-sent email last night at 1 am with same question, still no reply, I just wanted a total cost for the order. Any suggestions?

Ray
Which coast are you on? ProWorld is on the east coast, so if it was close to the end of their business hours, it's likely that they wouldn't have a chance to respond to the email.

The 2nd email at 1am probably wouldn't help much, as it's the middle of the night and everyone is sleeping :)

It sounds like they may just need time to work up a quote and get back to you. At least give them 24 hours :) Who knows how many other customers are ahead of you that they are also helping.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Ray. I spoke to Mari, in our art department and she said the emailed you yesterday and again today. Please call her at 800-678-8289, ext. 121. Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pretty easy question, I just want a total for doing the job. I've lost 2 days waiting for a total price to do the job including pms colors and color changes. I received the same email twice. I'm not here to ruffle anyones feathers! I'll give mari a call tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
The people at Pro World are great, I have never had a problem with them. Rodney does a
great job as do all of them.
Thanks for the compliment, but I don't work for Pro World :D

I was just trying to answer the above request for suggestions about what might be happening.

Hopefully Ray's been able to contact them during business hours to get a quote by now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had the same problem with ProWorld, Ray. The website was full of great info to get me started. I used their online form to upload my files and give them my artwork and order info. I expected a reply with a thorough quote and feedback on my art file. But instead, I got a standard email with what I already knew from their website, plus my info inserted into it. Nothing new. It took several days of going back and forth to even get the order placed. A tremendous time waste that really cost me. All I wanted was a whole quote (shipping, fees, etc.) and a little "ok" or "has problems" on the artwork file, but it was like pulling teeth. Weirdly too, it seemed I had to "place the order" BEFORE I got the quote. Um, huh? I tried to get ahold of a manager or owner, but could get anyone. I thought they'd appreciate this feedback because it would help their business. But unless they read these blogs, I guess they'll never know what's going on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tribble,
I did finally get my transfers ordered, not sure if I should post my experience with their custom transfers here or not. I would like to, but it wouldn't be good at all. They do offer a nice big sheet size at a great price but cheaper is not always better.

ray

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
tribble,
I did finally get my transfers ordered, not sure if I should post my experience with their custom transfers here or not. I would like to, but it wouldn't be good at all. They do offer a nice big sheet size at a great price but cheaper is not always better.

ray
You are more than welcome to share your honest experiences here. That will help others decide where to get work done (and help the vendor improve their services with your feedback)

Of course you should also talk to the vendor directly with your feedback about your order, but the forum is filled with shared experiences that help others learn.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Howdy. I have tried to place an on line order three times and I get stonewalled. I logged in, selected the items I wanted to order. dropped to the bottom and clicked and the top right box said no orders. What do I hve to do to get through. :mad:

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Jack. Would you be kind enough to give us a call so we may assist you? 800-678-8289.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I guess the owners of ProWorld DO READ these blogs, because not long after I posted my remark, I got a call from one of the owners. He wanted to correct the issue and must have talked with Mari and others, because I soon got my quote with shipping (then they comped the shipping) and got the feedback I needed on the art file. They warned me to account for ink bleed with gaps of at least 2pt, which I did, and the electronic proof file looked fine, but the actual ink looked messy upon transfer. So I ended up ordering some of the design twice (paid twice) to get a better-looking version. Live and learn. They should add to their warnings on their site to render all your lines thinner than you really want them to be on the shirt. It would be more true to reality if they could show you a proof of how the INK looks on the transfer sheet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ed, I'll call you on the 29th. The designs you stock that I've used so far have been excellent. It was my call to your store hat brought me the answer to my adhesion problems with plastisol. Not enough heat and get an infra red gun. Thanks. jack

1 - 20 of 20 Posts