T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm looking to buy some tshirts and the "trade mumbo jumbo" is confusing me a little!

One listing claims to be best quality available because they use "100% Silk screen printing", whereas the other seller lists as "Pro-Vinyl screen printed"

Google doesn't seem to be able to help (except to send me here!) Can anyone confirm (or deny) these claims please?

Thanks

·
Registered
766 Posts
I would guess the second is using vinyl to print their shirt and I've never heard it called Pro-Vinyl. Sounds like marketing. The complexity of your design and the price to you for the quality you desire will dictact which is the better buy.

FWIW, I do both and would never try to pass vinyl off as better than silk screening.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I would guess the second is using vinyl to print their shirt and I've never heard it called Pro-Vinyl. Sounds like marketing. The complexity of your design and the price to you for the quality you desire will dictact which is the better buy.

FWIW, I do both and would never try to pass vinyl off as better than silk screening.
I agree...probably just some clever marketing. You are really comparing Vinyl to Screen Printing. I would vote screen printing all the way. I only use vinyl for 100% custom like names or if someone only wants one of two shirts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts