T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at the local "hip hop" tshirt store the other day and saw a shirt labeled Pro Team. The tag looked similar to the John Son shirts I already buy wholesale. Anyway this shirt is heavier than Proclub, John Son very similar to the AnD. The RN number is the same as the John Son shirts (117302). So I called my supplier for John Son and they tell me they never heard of Pro Team. Has any one else heard of Pro Team? Who do I call next? Google was no luck either.:confused:

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Does the RN and the brand "Pro Team" appear on the same label? Or are they on separate labels? (the RN on the care instructions, and Pro Team on the other label for example).

It sounds like they might just be a relabel of John Son?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both the RN and Brand name on same label. I don't think it's a relabel job because it's noticably heavier. It may be a language barrier problem with the folks at John Son. They tell me that they only carry John Son and never ever ever ever ever heard of Pro Team. I tell them about the same RN numbers but they don't seem to get it. It's not that big of a deal but what the use of RN numbers??

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Hmmm.... curiouser and curiouser.

I looked up the RN, and I see it's not for John Son. Does that mean John Son are getting shirts made by B&C and then selling them? Or is John Son a division of B&C?

Is it possible that B&C manufactures shirts for both companies, and since neither company has their own RN B&C puts theirs on both? So John Son and Pro Team would not be aware of each other, because all they have in common is the factory that makes their clothes - no business relationship?

(it definitely seems like there could be a simpler explanation, but this is about all I can come up with right now ;))

·
2,957 Posts
If the John Son and the Pro Team have the same RN#, but John Son has never heard of Pro Team, then they both might be relabeling shirts from B&C, and putting B&C's RN# on their label.

One way to find out is to call the number listed for B&C. Which I will do later, and see if we can make some sense of it.

Sac, who is your supplier for the John Son shirts? That may be a way to find out also.

·
2,957 Posts
I called B&C Sportswear, Inc. They are indeed a manufacturer that makes t-shirts for companies to sell wholesale. When they make shirts for companies they source the labels for the company. They place the company’s logo on the label, but put THEIR (B&C) RN# on the label.

Also, they do make shirts for John Son, and Pro Team as well. They also make them for numerous other companies. This is why the two companies have never heard of each other, and aren’t affiliated.

The guy tried to sell me on their services, but their minimums are HUGE! The minimum is a container. Which he told me was 4,000 dozen. Yes, if you’re counting, that’s 48,000 shirts! Which he said I could get made for as little as $120,000. Still counting? $2.50/shirt. I would have expected much less per shirt for such a large investment and quantity.

But, at any rate, this is why both shirts have the same RN#. If you want the ProTeam shirts, you can contact B&C (I got their number from the FTC RN# search on the left menu). I was curious as to both shirts, so he said he would have the wholesalers from both companies call me later. He could not give out the info.

Once they call me, I will post their contact info, or like I said, you can call B&C and tell them you want the wholesaler for ProTeam to call you.

On another note, I’m guessing this may be why a lot of the shirts that people ask about don’t have an RN#, but are very similar to other brands. RN#’s are not required. But if a company is going the same route as John Son and Pro Team, they may not have an RN# placed on the tag, but the shirt is very similar to other shirts because the same manufacturer is making them, using the same fabrics and basic styles.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, great detective work!! My supplier for John Son is
T-Town
1349 S. Main
213-749-3946
213-749-3927 FAX
Nice to know this about RN numbers. So all that I need is about $120k for a container full of shirts?? And I agree that $2.50/piece is high for such a huge investment. Thanks for the help.

·
2,957 Posts
No problem.

The guy told me that John Son only come in white and black.

Is this true?

I guess when you have to get a container full, at 120k a pop, it will take you a while to get some color choices!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No that's not true, they have several colors. I have samples of the sky blue, red, plus the black and white. They gave me their color selection but I was just interested in black and white for now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!I am going crazy trying to find a vendor in the Bay Area that sells these Pro Team heavyweight thermals,anyone know of a store? Pro Team and Triple A white tees? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi!I am going crazy trying to find a vendor in the Bay Area that sells these Pro Team heavyweight thermals,anyone know of a store? Pro Team and Triple A white tees? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Go to Mr. Bling Bling on San Pablo rd in El Cerrito. They carry the thermals you need. They also Nona-T, and R&O brands as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No it's actually Mr. Masari Bling Bling
The address is,
10374 San Pablo Ave
El Cerrito Ca. 94530
(707)712-6377
He carries these nice heavy blanks R&O you should check it out when you get your pro team thermal. I
just got a pro team thermal from there last week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts