T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, first off, whats good? im new here, and just gettin into the tshirt game. im only 17, but im starting to want to buy tees wholesale, and hopefully soon start my own prints/designs.

i need some help with these tees. i have a few questions:

are all these DIFFERENT "PRO" brands, under the same company? or are they all different. Around my area (the bay, ca) these "PRO" tees are really popular. as well as "JOHN SON". anyways,

can anyone tell me where I can contact/view/buy PRO-5 & JOHN SON?
(im not really interested in PRO-T or PRO-CLUB... i just wanted to know if all these "PRO" brands are all from the same company. and i already have a little info for PRO-CLUB)

so yeah, any info for PRO-5 and JOHN SON? do they have an official site? THANKS alot.

EDIT_ i found this site that sells PRO-5's. but they guy specializes(sp?) in airbrush.
http://www.artistic-graphics.com/page/page/3296561.htm

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've heard than Pro 5 is made by the same company as Pro Club.

Dont know much about pro-t. I think it's a ripoff of pro club.

Out of those 3 shirts, I prefer pro 5. The collar/neck is thicker and doesnt lose it's strength after it's washed.

·
Registered
70 Posts
anyone else on the "big johnson" tees????????? I got a number to order the from however the purchase process is pretty ify...

i have a contact number in Los Angeles however correspondence is pretty bad, language barrier and in you have to call and place an order then submit funds via wire transfer and then fax the reciept....

I grabed the number off a big john tee supply box that was shipped to a local competator as she was unloading her stock.....ITs a chinese lady who answers "big johnson TEES" i could not make out if they are the direct source for the tees payment transaction she gave me just seems pretty fishy....

213-749-3946

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's a trademark and the others are creating confusion in the marketplace. If you know anything about these shirts, you'll know they are very similiar because the ripoffs have imitated the quality and cut of Pro Club, and have specifically targetted Pro Club's customers.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
It's a trademark and the others are creating confusion in the marketplace.
Pfft. That's for a court to decide, and personally I think "pro" is already inherently generic (maybe Pro Basketball should sue Pro Football... I mean they share TWO words in common!). And really why would you care about confusion in the marketplace anyway? That's pretty much a ProClub problem.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I was at the Long Beach tradeshow this weekend (for one day at least :)) and I met one of the guys that runs ProClub.

He told me that ProClub and Pro5 are two very different companies. In fact, he told me that Pro5 is basically a copy of proclub. Pro5 is illegally using the proclub RN number and has only been around 3 years. ProClub has been around about 20 years.

Just passing on what I was told from the proclub folks :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well thats a Bad thing for them and a good one for us.... right?

Because it saves us money as a buisness and allows us to use the same exact quality.

Im all for pro 5! Anyone have a direct contact to Pro 5?

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Well thats a Bad thing for them and a good one for us.... right?

Because it saves us money as a buisness and allows us to use the same exact quality.

Im all for pro 5! Anyone have a direct contact to Pro 5?
There's no guarantee that you're getting the exact same quality.

I don't think it's good for consumers to get knock off merchandise or merchandise with the incorrect labeling information.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I don't think it's good for consumers to get knock off merchandise or merchandise with the incorrect labeling information.

Consumers will know they are two different brands when they see the label. But if your small clothing line taking off the tags and printing your own ones your straight. So maybe you didnt see my point of view?

·
2,957 Posts
Maybe you didn't see his point-of-view.

Why would you want to support a company that tries to deceive the consumer by looking like another company, and even using their labeling information. I've noticed that they've even designed their label to look like Proclub.

As a small company, I'm sure you wouldn't want someone doing that to you. They could easily put you out of business.

·
Registered
9 Posts

'

Hello Rodney,

My name is Charles Ahn and I am the marketing division manager for Pro5 if you have any questions regarding on how to contact us please feel free to contact me via email and I will promtly return your request.

[email protected]

Thank you for your interest

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was at the Long Beach tradeshow this weekend (for one day at least :)) and I met one of the guys that runs ProClub.

He told me that ProClub and Pro5 are two very different companies. In fact, he told me that Pro5 is basically a copy of proclub. Pro5 is illegally using the proclub RN number and has only been around 3 years. ProClub has been around about 20 years.

Just passing on what I was told from the proclub folks :)
Pro 5 is not a copy of Proclub, in fact, Pro 5 uses higher quality materials which accounts for high quality T-shirts. The neck and collar has a tigher yet comfortable feel that does not change even after countless washes. We gurantee our material having a better color, feel and fit in every aspect of the shirt. Please feel free to compare the two shirts and you can see for yourself that Pro 5 is not a copy but rather a company that has surpassed Pro club in this industry. If we were copying Pro Club the quality of the shirts must be the same or very similiar, but that is not the case. In addition, Pro 5 created a line of thermal shirts, Mesh shorts, and reversable hoods which Pro Club copied. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Charles Ahn
Marketing Manager Pro 5
[email protected]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Maybe you didn't see his point-of-view.

Why would you want to support a company that tries to deceive the consumer by looking like another company, and even using their labeling information. I've noticed that they've even designed their label to look like Proclub.

As a small company, I'm sure you wouldn't want someone doing that to you. They could easily put you out of business.
Hello Greg,

My name is Charles Ahn and I am the Marketing Manager for Pro 5. There are many misconceptions regarding our company in comparison to Pro Club. First, I would like to point out that our company's goal is not to decieve the customer in any aspect. We guarantee quality and satisfaction and stand strongly behind our products. Secondly, our clothing line uses higher quality materials and this can be seen easily when you compare the two shirts right next to each other, I ask you to please compare the two, you will see for yourself. Not only is there a significant difference in quality, there is also a great difference in our name. Pro 5 and Pro CLUB. I am willing to answer any further questions about this matter, please feel free to contact me

Charles Ahn
Marketing Manager Pro 5
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts