T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody here used PrintMojo? I was looking for their price list on printed t-shirts, but their FAQ says that they can't give you prices until you sign up as a merchant. That sounds kind of sketchy to me. Does anybody know anything about their price rates?

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi ThWeems, the reason why we don't publish our wholesale pricing to our merchants on our public website is so we don't show our wholesale pricing to our merchant's potential customers that happen to browse by the site.

It's completely free to signup as a merchant and get an instant quote, but we feel this way protects the merchant's business model.

You can get an example of the wholesale pricing on the FAQ page:
http://www.printmojo.com/pm/FAQ.php#earn

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rodney said:
Hi ThWeems, the reason why we don't publish our wholesale pricing to our merchants on our public website is so we don't show our wholesale pricing to our merchant's potential customers that happen to browse by the site.

It's completely free to signup as a merchant and get an instant quote, but we feel this way protects the merchant's business model.

Ahhh... I get it now. :)

I did notice the price example that you mentioned, and I thought "Wow, that looks a pretty good price." I just wanted to make sure it was all on the level. Thanks!

·
Registered
389 Posts
The example states $6.64 per shirt. I'm assuming that doesn't include the $3.50 shipping fee? So if you sell a T-Shirt for $15, you get about $5 profit?

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
The example states $6.64 per shirt. I'm assuming that doesn't include the $3.50 shipping fee? So if you sell a T-Shirt for $15, you get about $5 profit?
That's about right. The example is assuming an inventory order of 25 black t-shirts with a one color white print on the front. The example pricing includes the cost of the t-shirt and the cost of printing. It doesn't include the $3.50 fulfillment fee for each order that PrintMojo ships out.

So yep, you would make around $5 per shirt in that example if you priced your t-shirt at $15.

You would make more per shirt if you ordered more than 25 shirts (the printing price decreases as the quantity ordered increases) and/or if you priced your shirt a bit higher.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Twinge said:
It's quite normal for the customer to pay shipping, so it's make plenty of sense to sell a shirt for $15 + $3.50 shipping.
The customer's already paying shipping - the $3.50 is a fee per transaction, paid by the merchant. It's a big bite on a one shirt order, so an approach I'm trying there is to use their coupon system to offer a discount on three or more shirts, which is where the sweet spot seems to be.

The transaction fee is per order, not per shirt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry ... but I'm still confused with the pricing.

In this section of printmojo's site ... it mentions:

"Every month we send you your earnings. You get back the price you paid for the products, plus the profit from your mark-ups. Our fulfillment fee for the products we shipped for you is also deducted at this time."

So ... the way I interpret that statement:

If I sell a shirt for $20 ... that I paid $15 for ...

1. I will get back the $15 I paid to include the shirt in inventory ...
2. I also get the $5 profit ...
3. Then ... the $3.50 charge is deducted ...
4. So I walk with $16.50?

- Bertha

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Rodney said:

I didn't realise you were connected to Printmojo, Rodney?

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
brrtha said:
Sorry ... but I'm still confused with the pricing.

In this section of printmojo's site ... it mentions:

"Every month we send you your earnings. You get back the price you paid for the products, plus the profit from your mark-ups. Our fulfillment fee for the products we shipped for you is also deducted at this time."

So ... the way I interpret that statement:

If I sell a shirt for $20 ... that I paid $15 for ...

1. I will get back the $15 I paid to include the shirt in inventory ...
2. I also get the $5 profit ...
3. Then ... the $3.50 charge is deducted ...
4. So I walk with $16.50?

- Bertha
That's about right, except your price per shirt would probably be much less than $15.

·
Registered
3 Posts
rodney,
so in the example in the link you posted: the cost to consumer for the shirt-(white on black tee) is $11.85. my profit is the difference between my selling price and the cost of $11.85? (and i'm only asking because the FAQ on the site is REALLY thin on tangible information). Bertha's addition confused me because i didn't get ANYwhere the same equation. i'm hesitant to "join" yet. i'm in "shopping around" mode now, and looking for a long tern vendor for fulfilment. print mojo seems reputable, but at a considerably higher investment (with having to predict, print and maintain inventory) that its competitors. any insight from an insider as to why to choose mojo?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
brouha said:
any insight from an insider as to why to choose mojo?
It has a cool name, and the (co?)owner is extremely easy to contact?

Personally they're the only fulfillment service I'd use because I'd want my shirts screenprinted - but I don't have any experience with fulfillment services.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
so in the example in the link you posted: the cost to consumer for the shirt-(white on black tee) is $11.85. my profit is the difference between my selling price and the cost of $11.85? (and i'm only asking because the FAQ on the site is REALLY thin on tangible information)
The cost that a merchant pays for a t-shirt is going go vary on the number of colors in the design, the t-shirt style they select, the number of shirts they order for inventory, etc.

i'm hesitant to "join" yet. i'm in "shopping around" mode now, and looking for a long tern vendor for fulfilment.
There's not much to "joining". It's free to join. You don't have pay anything to signup and look at the pricing (which will give you a much better idea of what your particular job would cost). If you don't like it, you aren't locked into anything (there are no monthly fees). If you decide you don't want to use it, your account is automatically deleted after a long period of inactivity (or by request).

any insight from an insider as to why to choose mojo?
Well, I don't want to get into too much self promotion for PrintMojo here :), but you are welcome to contact me off board or use the contact info on the site.

I'll be the first to say though that the service isn't for everyone. Some people prefer the print on demand method with no upfront costs. For those that prefer screen printed/embroidered garments and don't mind carrying inventory to make that happen, then it could be worth looking into PrintMojo.

It depends on your business model and needs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ThWeems said:
Has anybody here used PrintMojo? I was looking for their price list on printed t-shirts, but their FAQ says that they can't give you prices until you sign up as a merchant. That sounds kind of sketchy to me. Does anybody know anything about their price rates?
After much research I have found their prices to be extremely good.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts