T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
825 Posts
sorry I should have asked what brand and # ink are you planning to use?
Some companies make a neon/fluorescent ink that can only be printed on white or with an underbase. Others make Fluo inks that have opacity to them so it's possible to direct print with them(p/f/p). Either way I would underbase the design so the color really pops.

Do you have an idea of what brand you want to use yet?

· Registered
825 Posts
I'm currently using Excalibur inks for my fluorescent ink colors. I mostly print on polyester now so I get fluorescent colors custom made in their 1550 base. For cotton I have their stock 500 series.
I will post some pictures of the inks as well as prints with them when I get a chance.

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry I should have asked what brand and # ink are you planning to use?
Some companies make a neon/fluorescent ink that can only be printed on white or with an underbase. Others make Fluo inks that have opacity to them so it's possible to direct print with them(p/f/p). Either way I would underbase the design so the color really pops.

Do you have an idea of what brand you want to use yet?
International Coatings

Yellow 7527
Orange 7531
Pink 7533

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm currently using Excalibur inks for my fluorescent ink colors. I mostly print on polyester now so I get fluorescent colors custom made in their 1550 base. For cotton I have their stock 500 series.
I will post some pictures of the inks as well as prints with them when I get a chance.
Yes... please do .... .would love to see them

· Registered
825 Posts
International Coatings

Yellow 7527
Orange 7531
Pink 7533

those inks are from ICs color matching series. They range from translucent to completely opaque so I can't tell you what they will look like off hand. I do know they are meant for 100% cotton and cotton/poly blends. My guess is that an underbase will be mandatory on everything but white.

I have a pint of fluorescent pink I got from Ryonet years ago. it's completely runny and translucent and you need an underbase when printing on everything but white(it won't even show up correctly on any of the heather greys). I'll see if there are any model #s on it so I can see what series it is from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.